Menu

S/O Brainstorming about the Thread with Logic Stage Writing Samples

Okay, I am thinking this would be easier if it were sorted by levels. But instead of grades what if we had a thread for beginning logic writers (could be from 4th to 6th graders), middle logic writers (mostly 6th and 7th graders) and heading toward rhetoric (could be 7th to 9th graders).

It's exciting to see all of the logic stage writing samples in the original thread, but without the Writer's Workshop, it's clear that the thread will quickly become long and unwieldy.

Pata graciously offered to set up a separate website to discuss logic stage writing samples, but Capt. Uhura pointed out that a separate website might be forgotten over time. I agree with her concern, and would prefer to keep the thread on the WTM forums as well.

I think Mallory's suggestion is a good one.

What says the hive?

I don't know if the moderators would want to do it, but a forum with subforums for the different levels would be great. I also think it would be beneficial to expand the levels to include K-12.

I think this would be an *incredibly* valuable resource for homeschooling parents.

If it's expanded to K-12, then it would need to be a forum on the WTM board rather than a subforum. That might get rather large. HHHmmm. I'm wondering if K-8, Logic, High school would like to have their own writing subforum for writing samples? Might be more manageable for us.

Good point.

Those are great ideas... I am not up to date on all the options that forums will allow, so I can't really comment. I know you ladies will come up with something that works well, while still being easily accessible to everyone. I agree with the comment that these samples will be very valuable for everyone.

I know some are concerned that having all of this early stage writing going on does not exactly follow the WTM guidelines, but I've certainly appreciated viewing samples from both ends of the spectrum when it comes to writing. It's exciting to see everyone's samples, it helps guide me in the direction I want my kids to go, and I am looking forward to what the forum comes up with.

If it's expanded to K-12, then it would need to be a forum on the WTM board rather than a subforum. That might get rather large. HHHmmm. I'm wondering if K-8, Logic, High school would like to have their own writing subforum for writing samples? Might be more manageable for us.

I like this idea:001_smile: