Menu

I hate it when. . .

coffeefreak

I've sold things thinking I'll never use them again and then I have to repurchase them for my youngest. :glare:

Today, it is CHOW. I literally sold it a couple of months ago.

At least I'm keeping CLP in business.

Yes, I posted a thread like this a few weeks ago. I think something will not work for us, only to feel that it would be the perfect fit for another child.

Even worse...when you loan it out and never get it back...

Argh....I had this happen once. Or, it comes back damaged with no offer to replace it. I only loan to or borrow from very close friends now.

True...but I hate carrying that around on my shoulders. Kicking myself is easier ;)

:lol:

Yes, I posted a thread like this a few weeks ago. I think something will not work for us, only to feel that it would be the perfect fit for another child.

Argh....I had this happen once. Or, it comes back damaged with no offer to replace it. I only loan to or borrow from very close friends now.

I'm going to go find your thread:auto:

OH, OR you sell something because you NEVER used it with your oldest, you buy it for another child thinking it will be perfect, and then you never use it with THAT child! :lol: I did that with PLL. I'm killing myself today!!!

I've also done this numerous times. I was actually just commenting to dh that one of the reasons I buy any thing I can as an ebook is to help with this compulsion I have. If I buy it as a download I can't sell it and since I tend to almost never delete things I'm lucky enough to have it there when I do realize I need it.

I sold a PreK curriculum on here, because I'd never use it again. After the buyer received it, they contacted me to see if I could refund because they'd misread something and it wasn't what they expected. I couldn't at the time, but several weeks later I realized that it would suit my youngest perfectly, so I contacted the buyer and bought it back :lol:.

Yep. I just re-bought ETC. It had way too much writing for ds#1, so I sold all my unused books (which I'd gotten ridiculously cheap). Last week, I realized that ds#2 adores writing, and that phonics would be so much easier for him to learn if he could learn it through writing. Sigh.

I've been thinking about selling my copy of CHOW, but maybe I shouldn't...?

I sold a PreK curriculum on here, because I'd never use it again. After the buyer received it, they contacted me to see if I could refund because they'd misread something and it wasn't what they expected. I couldn't at the time, but several weeks later I realized that it would suit my youngest perfectly, so I contacted the buyer and bought it back :lol:.

:w00t:

THAT is the best story yet! At least it all worked out!:lol:

I've been thinking about selling my copy of CHOW, but maybe I shouldn't...?

psst. . .if you do PM me first:leaving:

Yes, I've done that way to many times. I had sold my 100 EZ lessons after my 2nd daughter because it only worked with her. Her to come that my 3rd daughter learned to read better using it. So I had to buy another one.

My 4th daughter doesn't learn to read well phonetically quite yet though I've held onto our 100 EZ lessons book thinking she will eventually 'get it'. If not I'll sell it because she is my last child.

I've also sold other books and then wished I had them back. I guess its the nature of the beast with all this curriculum selection.

I will add a caveat to this. There were many years where we were broke. I'm talking B.R.O.K.E. BROKE! We couldn't afford to buy the next year's curriculum unless I sold some of this years. The Lord always provided, and I guess that's how I should look at it now.

I still wish I hadn't sold my CHOW, but I don't think it was the Lord telling me to do that.:D

Blessings!

Dorinda

You would not believe how many times I have sold something because I needed the money, just to turn around a few months later and rebuy it. Praise the Lord for used books!!! I have rebought things sometimes 3 or 4 times. UGH!!!!! Maybe I just need to be more thoughtful and organized. nancyt.

I've sold things thinking I'll never use them again and then I have to repurchase them for my youngest. :glare:

Today, it is CHOW. I literally sold it a couple of months ago.

At least I'm keeping CLP in business.

For this very reason, I have shelves FULL of curriculum. Fortunately, the girls are only 3 years apart, so I'm only keeping 3 years of failed curriculums. Just In Case.

For this very reason, I have shelves FULL of curriculum. Fortunately, the girls are only 3 years apart, so I'm only keeping 3 years of failed curriculums. Just In Case.

LOL, I even had bookshelves built! I don't know how much of our hs library we'll end up selling some day (but I keep thinking I can't let those shelves sit empty either! Ha!).