Menu

Has anyone used Highlight's Which Way USA club?

Irishmommy

We didn't do the club, but did get all the books/maps at Goodwill for .50/state! I'm guessing someone's grandma subscribed them and the child didn't like it. They're nice-not a lot of information on the state, but little bits and pieces, and lots of the puzzly-game type stuff Highlights is known for. The maps are great-very kid friendly, with enough details to be interesting and useful, but not overly busy.

:bigear:

I've subscribed to this a few weeks ago, but have yet to receive the first package. I didn't like their Puzzle subscriptions, but just discovered today we love their Top Secret Adventures (world geography), so I'm hoping Which Way USA? is awesome as well.

My boys loved these. They got a subscription from the grandparents. I've since found them at Goodwill and my girls are digging into them, though not with quite the same enthusiasm. There was something kind of fun about getting 2 at a time in the mail.

The maps that come with them are a lot of fun with great information. We used the "postcards" on the back for beginning IEW paragraphs. I probably wouldn't pay for a subscription even loving them as much as I do and maybe that's because I own at least one copy of all the maps and the books are so easy to come by at the thrift store. I also got a good deal on some a while back at paperbackswap.com

That sounds familiar! We picked up a bunch of these from another homeschooler as well as Goodwill. We've done a couple of them so far, but ds isn't all that enthralled. I, on the other hand, would've loved to learn my states that way! Ah well. What can you do?

I've got a handful for sale here ;)

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245433

I always hope my kids will like these puzzle-y, workbook, fun things. But they never do:glare: