Menu

What do you like in a laptop bag?

I have a new laptop on order but now need to order a bag for it. It comes with a sleeve but I figure that I will need something a little more padded for ds to take it to his friends house (it will default to his gaming computer when I am not using it).

What do you recommend for a bag?

If most transport will be by your DS, I'd recommend a backpack-style bag designed with a slot for a laptop. That's what my son uses for his MacBook and it works well.

I used a laptop bag when I was working outside the home, but now I just use a sleeve for my laptop and put it into my carry-on or tote when I want to take it somewhere.

Janet

I agree that if your ds will be the one transporting it the most, a backpack type bag is best - a lot more structured and padded usually.

My laptop is MINE (I finally have something all to myself:D), so I have a bag that can also carry lots of books and file folders as well as serve as a purse with lots of cc slots, etc. so that I can dump my purse when necessary (we travel quite a bit, and having two bags can be a bit much) and still have the materials I need to get some hs recordkeeping/grading/research done.

The backpack style is a good option for when ds is carrying it, although he may prefer a more stylish messenger bag type. I have one that came with my hp laptop that is very sturdy. However, when I did carry it around I used a padded bag I mad from a mod print heavy cotton fabric. It is basically a fitted sleeve with a shoulder strap and a big flap closure with pockets in it for accessories. The laptop is old now and relegated to the ds6, but I still use the bag as a messenger style book bag.

oHHHH your all soooo funny! :tongue_smilie:

I wish I had my new toy too! But, alas, I have to wait until May :glare: I special ordered it from Dell but because of the upgrades it will take a while.