Menu

Teachers Lounge! 2-15-2011

We're open for lunch and conversation! :D

What's for lunch today? Me: chicken nuggets with sweet & sour sauce and honey dijon mustard. Kids: same.

What's driving you nuts today? Me: my kids. My ds is the constant talker today. Plus, our schedule has been thrown off already today by someone who decided to cancel a gathering this morning and instead of calling everyone, EMAILED us all at 7:05 this morning. Helloo??? If I'm trying to be at your house by 9am the same morning, don't EMAIL me. Seriously.

Anybody want my kids to come hang out with them for a couple of hours today so I can get something DONE that actually IS on my schedule?:001_huh:

Talk to me!:bigear:

Edited by scrapbookbuzz

Lunch - something virtuous like a salad

I seriously need to make out a grocery list because I'm running low on options.;)

Driving me Nuts - I am consciously deciding to "let it all go" (deep breath). Ds13 is sick with a bad cold and went back to bed. If he had decided to stay up with his cold he would have driven me nuts, deep breaths or no deep breaths.

Dd9 is having a modified school day and I am going one by one down my to do list.

I'm off to view the first IEW video. I have not had NEAR enough time these past couple of days to view these videos like I wanted to. Didn't help with the woman who emailed, and didn't CALL, this morning to cancel a morning gathering. Ugh. That's really irritating me. Sorry. *****Deep Breath*****

I will be back in awhile to catch up with you all. I really do enjoy reading your responses. Anyone have any real life comedy to share today? I think I could use that! :D

What's for lunch today? Farfalle pasta with black beans, diced tomatoes with garlic, cumin, and cilantro.

What's driving you nuts today? Piles of laundry. DH wears 4-5 shirts/sweatshirts to work every day. He can't rewear them, as he gets too dirty. Ds has decided he likes this concept. :glare: That's almost an entire week's worth of laundry each day. No wonder why I can't keep up!

:svengo:

I just spent my lunch hour trying to convince my dd that when you multiply fractions it is supposed to get smaller not bigger. When she saw her first problem, her faced scrunched up, and I could hear the sound of her mind shutting. I didn't run crying tomy room :) I dug out my copy of kitchen table math to find a different explanation.

So now I'm eating cereal for lunch, and I've sent her on a walk to the deli with grandma so I can breathe.

Lunch today: leftovers.... roast beef sandwiches and various sides. Dinner should use up the leftover meatloaf and burritos.

Driving me nuts: See above.... I am using up leftovers and have no real cooking to do today. Life is good. No complaints.:D

Do I want your kids to come hang out? Sure! It's sunny and not too cold here today. The dc went outside a couple of hours ago and have no desire to come back in. Again, no complaints!

Lunch today: frozen ziti marinara & iced coffee

Driving me nuts: well, today is actually a lot calmer than yesterday. Yesterday entailed an emergency trip to the vet for the cat, which included anesthesia and surgery (poor kitty is now wearing the Cone of Shame aka an Elizabethan collar and is so depressed), a cavity filling for oldest ds, and a suspicious sounding transmission in dh's car (which is why I am stuck at home today with no vehicle).

I am trying to get caught up on laundry and schoolwork. Thankfully the kids are pretty mellow today.

Lunch: choice of leftovers - either lasagna or veggie quiche

Bugging me today: my throat and this danged headache that won't go away; I've had a nagging headache for the past 4 days that has turned into a migraine every evening... except today when I woke up with the migraine and now have the fun dull headache/ migraine hangover combo. :glare: I've been having enough problems focusing and getting things done recently, and this really isn't helping.