Menu

Cute thinking

My middle son came in with the mail yesterday (Valentine's Day) and promptly announced:

"Look mom, 10 valentines! And they all love me!"

I looked. He had a handful of post PSAT college mail.

Ya gotta love his way of thinking!

We took the time to go through each one that day (for fun) just to see how they "expressed" their love. U of Miami had a picture of students outside under a palm tree. That's kind of cruel to send to northerly kids in February, but it's probably far better advertising than showing them in a classroom!

My middle son came in with the mail yesterday (Valentine's Day) and promptly announced:

"Look mom, 10 valentines! And they all love me!"

I looked. He had a handful of post PSAT college mail.

Ya gotta love his way of thinking!

We took the time to go through each one that day (for fun) just to see how they "expressed" their love. U of Miami had a picture of students outside under a palm tree. That's kind of cruel to send to northerly kids in February, but it's probably far better advertising than showing them in a classroom!

Love it! :D :D

U of M wants to recruit kids, so they showed the pic of kids outside under a palm tree as a plot to get kids to go there! :001_smile::lol:

Love it! :D :D

U of M wants to recruit kids, so they showed the pic of kids outside under a palm tree as a plot to get kids to go there! :001_smile::lol:

I'm sure the pic was purposely chosen! And it did get my son looking at it for a lot longer of a time period than U of Minnesota (who focused on innovations that came from there) ;). In the end, neither of those made his cut, but it was interesting looking at the differences (those and others).

LOL - Mine took sort of the opposite approach - he looked at a handful and pointed out that they all were mailed from the same place. He did take one of the different-looking ones off to fill out the online questionaire, though, and it is making him think a little more widely than "not as far away as his brothers' college".

-Nan