Menu

The 7 Habits of a Highly Effective Teen... a funny

So a few weeks ago ds (14) comes home from school w/ this book, and says they are reading it in class. He even says he has to answer questions at the end of each chapter. Ok, cool. Considering the school he goes to, I can see them assigning this.

This was the conversation today in the car on the way home.

Ds "Oh, by the way, I'm using you as a cover."

Me "Oh? How is that?'

Ds "You know that book, The 7 Habits of a highly effective teen?"

Me "Yes"

Ds "Well, I'm telling everybody you are making me read it."

Me "I thought you had to read it for school?"

Ds, "No. I just really wanted to read it."

Me "Oh. Ok. Cool."

And then I went on to remind him of all the other things he can blame on me and dh. Like not drinking, doing drugs cuz we'll do pop drug tests and stuff. Or that we'll kill him if he's home after curfew. :D

I just thought it was funny. I'm so glad he's trying to improve himself.

Yep.

DH is *my* fall guy.

Yeah, dh and I use each other as cop outs when being the "bad guy". Mum said you couldn't.....dad said you had to..... The kids are onto it though and sometimes it's hilarious when they come and check and we have to own up :blush:.

My kids use the "my parents will kill me " with their friends a lot too. They now know we are not the worst parents in the world, fortunately, so when we are stricter than some of their friends, its usually not so unreasonable they cant handle it.

Yeah, dh and I use each other as cop outs when being the "bad guy". Mum said you couldn't.....dad said you had to..... The kids are onto it though and sometimes it's hilarious when they come and check and we have to own up :blush:.

My kids use the "my parents will kill me " with their friends a lot too. They now know we are not the worst parents in the world, fortunately, so when we are stricter than some of their friends, its usually not so unreasonable they cant handle it.

Yeah, I try that but then the girls go running to dad batting their eyelashes, smiling with the, "I love you"s and the "Daddy, Please"s and he caves. Either I taught them to use their feminine wiles well (I don't think so) or he is just a sucker for me and my dds.