Menu

New Pandia History Odyssey Timeline is finally available!

Satori

Sigh. And here I was hoping they'd release their Physics course first. :tongue_smilie: Hopefully it's next up to be released.

:iagree: But unless it is in the next month, it will be too late for us, I fear :crying:.

Chemistry just went so well.....

Anyway. Is 5 feet long enough for each section? 20 all together?

Has anyone ordered this from A Brighter Child? I cannot get the other two websites to load for me (having some issues w/ certain webpages) and I am unable to find out if the stickers are separate or not. From the description, it's hard to tell...

http://www.abrighterchild.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/22441

but I can't find a separate listing for the stickers?!

ETA: I emailed them yesterday, but haven't heard back yet...just wondered if anyone had experience with them or knew if the stickers are included on the other sites...

Edited by nov05mama

Has anyone ordered this from A Brighter Child? I cannot get the other two websites to load for me (having some issues w/ certain webpages) and I am unable to find out if the stickers are separate or not. From the description, it's hard to tell...

http://www.abrighterchild.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/22441

but I can't find a separate listing for the stickers?!

ETA: I emailed them yesterday, but haven't heard back yet...just wondered if anyone had experience with them or knew if the stickers are included on the other sites...

On one of the sites, I saw the stickers available separately for about $14 which made me think they did not come with the main kit.

Sigh. And here I was hoping they'd release their Physics course first. :tongue_smilie: Hopefully it's next up to be released.

Just what I was thinking! But at least it's movement in the right direction. I keep checking the website, and there are no updates, and I start to wonder if they've done on holiday somewhere sunny.

I received my timeline. There are many things I like about it. It is attractive, just the right size for us, and well-laid out. The stickers are an easy great idea. I only wish (for the price) it would have been printed on heavier paper. Or laminated. I paid $50 for the timelines, stickers (four sheets), and shipping, and I was a bit surprised to receive a big envelope with just some paper inside. Oh well, I guess I'm supporting a family-owned business!

I did cover it with contact paper and this improved it greatly. I can even peel off the stickers if I wish to do it again with a younger student.

• 1 month later...
I received my timeline. There are many things I like about it. It is attractive, just the right size for us, and well-laid out. The stickers are an easy great idea. I only wish (for the price) it would have been printed on heavier paper. Or laminated. I paid $50 for the timelines, stickers (four sheets), and shipping, and I was a bit surprised to receive a big envelope with just some paper inside. Oh well, I guess I'm supporting a family-owned business!

I did cover it with contact paper and this improved it greatly. I can even peel off the stickers if I wish to do it again with a younger student.

:iagree:

I'm considering laminating ours. Then we can use dry erase markers too if the mood strikes.

It looks to me like Rainbow now has the new one. I ended up buying it from one of the distributors from the Pandia Press site.

I think the new one has divisions vertically to help organize information that wasn't there in the old one. The new one divides the timeline into Treaties/AGreements, Wars and Conflicts, Inventions & Discoveries, Eras/Reigns Dynasties, General Events, Men and Women, Art/ARchitecture and Literature.

Personally I'm glad they didn't laminate it. One of the reason why I like this one is because it has been designed to fit perfectly in a binder. There is extra room on the left hand margin for the hole punches and comes pre-folded into a roughly 8.5 x 11 size. I just put packing tape on the side to reinforce the whole punches.

Someone asked about the price too, I think it's worth it because you are actually getting 4 timelines which works out to be about $10 each. Not too bad I think.

Personally I'm glad they didn't laminate it. One of the reason why I like this one is because it has been designed to fit perfectly in a binder. There is extra room on the left hand margin for the hole punches and comes pre-folded into a roughly 8.5 x 11 size. I just put packing tape on the side to reinforce the whole punches.

Can it fit into clear sleeves for binders?

Yes. Yes it will. Now, I'm kind of kicking myself for not thinking to do that first. :D

Ok, silly question: How does the student use the timeline when it's in a sleeve? Take it out and write on it, and put it back? Or do you mean they write on the protector?

Ok, silly question: How does the student use the timeline when it's in a sleeve? Take it out and write on it, and put it back? Or do you mean they write on the protector?

I would use it for storage in the binder and then take it out to write on as needed.

• 4 weeks later...
It looks to me like Rainbow now has the new one. I ended up buying it from one of the distributors from the Pandia Press site.

I think the new one has divisions vertically to help organize information that wasn't there in the old one. The new one divides the timeline into Treaties/AGreements, Wars and Conflicts, Inventions & Discoveries, Eras/Reigns Dynasties, General Events, Men and Women, Art/ARchitecture and Literature.

It is unclear to me how the timeline is divided. The divisions you mention above are they vertical divisions on the timeline or does the timeline repeat itself for each division?

It is unclear to me how the timeline is divided. The divisions you mention above are they vertical divisions on the timeline or does the timeline repeat itself for each division?

Their site is here (unsure if it's been posted earlier).

The timeline is notebook paper size in height and then it unfolds. We'll probably store it in a notebook... I need more wall space (but then I put up bookshelves).

You can see the dates in the center of the page (the line itself).

The divisions are titled on the left and right of the page, then you have the horizontal bars all the way across the line.

So if you wanted to put Columbus at 1492, you could put him in the people area for that time or in discoveries.

They also have a prehistory timeline that can be bought separately. Not quite as nice, but it does take care of that pesky 6000BC issue :)

I think the zoom in part of their site should help explain... although it's hard to read the divisions on the left & right.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any idea if this is the new timeline? And has anyone ordered from this site before?

The Classical Home Ed site linked on the Pandia Press page does not open for me and I can't find the timeline listed on the Cornerstone site. I take it that since Rainbow Resource is not listed it's not an option for the new timeline. :glare:

ETA: Google is my BFF. I found pages for the Classical Home Ed site that actually open. Timeline and stickers. Anyone order from them? I like that they actually offer a photo, unlike A Brighter Child.

Edited by KathleenSLP

Anyone have any idea if this is the new timeline? And has anyone ordered from this site before?

The Classical Home Ed site linked on the Pandia Press page does not open for me and I can't find the timeline listed on the Cornerstone site. I take it that since Rainbow Resource is not listed it's not an option for the new timeline. :glare:

ETA: Google is my BFF. I found pages for the Classical Home Ed site that actually open. Timeline and stickers. Anyone order from them? I like that they actually offer a photo, unlike A Brighter Child.

I would stay far, far away from Classical Home Ed. I ordered from them a couple of years ago and it was my worst experience ordering anything, EVER.

And it was the newly updated one? I can't seem to find where they state that on the RR site. Thanks.

It was. It looks exactly like the pictures on Pandia Press's site. We're using the Ancients one right now, with the other three tucked away in a drawer.

Awww!!! I wish I had read this just a few days ago. I ordered from the Classical Home Education website Thursday morning and it shipped the next day but won't arrive until next Thursday with their fastest shipping offered. I had to email for a tracking number. Hopefully it arrives safe and sound. What type of bad experience did you have them them?

RR is cheaper and I've been getting their orders within three days lately.

Awww!!! I wish I had read this just a few days ago. I ordered from the Classical Home Education website Thursday morning and it shipped the next day but won't arrive until next Thursday with their fastest shipping offered. I had to email for a tracking number. Hopefully it arrives safe and sound. What type of bad experience did you have them them?

RR is cheaper and I've been getting their orders within three days lately.

I ordered the R.E.A.L. science supply kit from them. It took forever to ship anything. I contacted them and was told that a couple of things were backordered and they'd ship what they could ASAP. They sent a partial shipment and I emailed them back to get an ETA on the other items. Again, it took forever for them to get back to me. I finally asked for a refund on the unshipped items so I could buy them elsewhere. They were rude to me and finally shipped the last bit of the kit. Just an overall rotten experience.

Five months after I originally posted, I finally splurged on it and received the timeline. (I ordered from Classical Home Education luckily with no issues and got it within a week.) It's gorgeous! I went to Lakeshore Learning and got the entire thing laminated for just $2.90 right away by a friendly salesperson. Take that Staples for estimating over $40 and 24-hours. :P

The only negative? It's so beautiful I don't want to cover it up with stickers as we did with Ancient times.

Attached are photos or head on over to my blog for a full review.

post-8662-13535085182146_thumb.jpg

post-8662-13535085182437_thumb.jpg

post-8662-13535085182706_thumb.jpg

post-8662-13535085183036_thumb.jpg

post-8662-13535085182146_thumb.jpg

post-8662-13535085182437_thumb.jpg

post-8662-13535085182706_thumb.jpg

post-8662-13535085183036_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We got ours hung in the hall over the weekend, just in time for back-to-school. I love it! After Angela's post, I took mine to our local teacher supply store and had it laminated as well... I'm so glad you posted the cost difference, the office supply store was over $40 like you mentioned, but our teacher supply store did it for $15 (she was worried about running them side by side because they have problems with longer stuff running off their machine). I also got the little sticker figures laminated so we could attach them with sticky tack (and remove them!), but I really liked the idea of being able to write on it without permanent damage. (Although my handwriting is atrocious, so that will be DH's job - ha!) It wasn't until after all this that I found out there is actually a supplier here near St. Louis that stocks the timeline. Too late for me, but I'll be recommending it to others in the area.

Great idea on laminating the timeline stickers too! I am planning another trip to Lakeshore Learning tomorrow, so I'll do that with those stickers.

About the running 2 by side, we had one (out of 4) that did run off the laminating roll, but she did it again for free. So that is indeed a possible issue.