Menu

Does "creationism" always mean "young earth"?

From people I know (I am not a creationist) no - not always. My closest friend believes in Creationism, but that it took longer. I have another friend who is Young Earth - absolute literalist, and another who believes somewhere in betweem those two.

I'm not Christian, but I believe God made everything through the science we understand.... I suppose that was creationist as well :) Just not the accepted definition...

I believe Creation, but not young earth.

Actually, I wouldn't stake my life on either YE or OE, as I haven't researched the issue enough to be able to argue one way or the other.

From what I've learned through Science, though, I can't refute a really old earth. :)

Thanks for the links! I really like the Reasons website.

I posted another question on the logic thread but I'll go ahead and ask here too. What do all of you use for science? I'm specifically looking for something for high school that would have DVD lectures\labs included. Thanks!

We've used apologia in the past - I like how Wile is not pedantic in what to believe. Even my die hard evolutionist believing fil likes his stuff. The Apologia stuff died in the fire.

We are using Prentice Hall Chem this year. We are using Seton stuff for the 11 yo- science thru co-op. Not sure where we'll go from here.

I worked for Hugh Ross back in 89/90. He is probably the smarted person I know and a person of charismatic faith.

?

Not in my experience. I know a large number of Christians who do not believe in the young earth theory. However, after reading many of the recent threads on here, I'm quite sure some Christians would probably say they are not "real" Christians. So, I guess it depends on who you ask.

Not in my experience. I know a large number of Christians who do not believe in the young earth theory. However, after reading many of the recent threads on here, I'm quite sure some Christians would probably say they are not "real" Christians. So, I guess it depends on who you ask.

I've been told, without sharing my own beliefs, that a "true" Christian has to believe in a young earth.

I am an old earth creationist; that said, I've come across many homeschoolers and a few homeschool groups that use the terms 'creationist' and 'young earth' interchangably.

I've noticed that too, but to be honest, I had never heard of "Young Earth" until I became a homeschooler. Our pastor preaches old earth creationism and that has been the belief of everyone I had ever known well enough to know their position on the issue. This is admittedly a small sample as the topic doesn't exactly arise in casual conversation too often.