Menu

Apologia Physical Science vs. Gods Design for the Physical World

Ok so I got this reply from AIG when I emailed them (mind you they replied VERY quickly! Very happy about that :001_smile:)

Amber,

Thank you for your question. God’s Design for the Physical World is for 3rd-8th grade students. It can reach these grade levels due to “challenge†sections in every lesson for the 7th & 8th grade students. Our physical science books cover a little bit different scope & sequence than the Apologia Exploring Creation with Physical Science text. The Apologia book covers not only physical science (heat, energy, motion, machines, etc.), but the first half is really what we cover in our God’s Design for Heaven & Earth (topics such as the atmosphere, water, the structure of the earth, weather, etc.—roughly Modules 1-8). The remaining Apologia modules (9-16) are more close to what we cover (with the exception of Module 13—atomic structure—which we cover in our Chemistry & Ecology books).

Our curriculum actually aligns much more closely with the standard physical science scope & sequence, which includes: properties of objects & materials; position and motion of objects; light, heat, sound, electricity, & magnetism; properties & changes of properties in matter; force & motion; and transfer of energy.

I have attached the student objectives from each unit of the three books that make up God’s Design for the Physical World. This will show you, perhaps better than just the Table of Contents, what topics are covered in this series.

Another difference would be that our books have more hands-on activities and experiments, most of which use household (or easily obtainable) supplies. The content is also broken down into daily lessons, so it is very easy to use, and your daughter can pretty much study independently, with you asking her the questions at the end of the lesson, and administering the quizzes and tests.

I don’t know if this helps at all. I pray that Lord will give you guidance.

Sincerely,

Gary