Menu

Bill Nye the Science Guy

Ohio12

While I see Discovery Education Streaming has a few Bill Nye shows, I don't see Bill Nye the Science Guy episodes. I do see Stuff Happens with Bill Nye, Greatest Discoveries with Bill Nye and Greatest Inventions with Bill Nye. There are only 31 episodes between the three on DE Streaming. Are these different from the Bill Nye the Science Guy episodes?

I ask because I've been working on a huge Discovery Education Streaming list of resources and would love to add more Bill Nye...

While I see Discovery Education Streaming has a few Bill Nye shows, I don't see Bill Nye the Science Guy episodes. I do see Stuff Happens with Bill Nye, Greatest Discoveries with Bill Nye and Greatest Inventions with Bill Nye. There are only 31 episodes between the three on DE Streaming. Are these different from the Bill Nye the Science Guy episodes?

I ask because I've been working on a huge Discovery Education Streaming list of resources and would love to add more Bill Nye...

I did not realize the distinction. I was just thinking Bill Nye:) I am not sure since I have not had it in a couple of years but we to have it again soon since it is a fantastic resource:D

Have you used this site? I never heard of it. What is your opinion of it?

Tvblinx is great, the videos play on megavideo and once you watch 72 min of video you must wait 30 min before you can watch again. The quality is pretty good.

There are some episodes that are missing that I've been able to find here.

There are some episodes that are missing that I've been able to find here.

Thank you :). I never even though to check for Bill Nye videos on this site! I usually prefer not having to register for something. I find whenever I have I start getting spam e-mails so the site you linked is great (I have been using it) and I don't have to register ;).

Yeah, I tried watching videos from the first site (tvblinkx), and they asked for my credit card number. No thanks. Even if I did somehow click the wrong link, it sounds like a common thing to click, if others have been scammed before. The site is awful to navigate.

Edited by Satori

Yeah, I tried watching videos from the first site (tvblinkx), and they asked for my credit card number. No thanks. Even if I did somehow click the wrong link, it sounds like a common thing to click, if others have been scammed before. The site is awful to navigate.

Wow! As soon as I saw registration I came out. I didn't even realize they were asking for a credit card.

I've never seen the site for any kind of registration, once you go to the tv blinx site it has the episode listed and then has various links that say click here to watch on megavideo, then click continue. The next site is megavideo and you hit the play button in the middle and it plays, if you hit the area around the play button some ads pop up and take you to another site. We just used it today.

Edited by Moniksca

Okay I see what happened. I tried viewing these videos on my ipad and the main play button does not show, and all that was offered was the outside links.

On Firefox on my hot little broken down netbook, there is an arrow to click in the middle of more enticing buttons.

The site is free if you know where to click and view the site with a compatible device. Just please be careful ladies and only hand this link around with advice on how to use it safely.

I was stupid enough to give the site my debit card number only because it was recommended here, and I ended out having a terrible time cleaning up the mess. It was a very upsetting and scary experience. To even investigate the scam I ended out being infected with pop ups, just to make things worse. I was literally in tears before it was all over.