Menu

Anybody use R&S as their main writing in 5th?

robsiew

I'm thinking about using just R&S English to cover grammar and writing next year for my 5th grader. He's doing WWE4 this year after gone through 2 as well as 3.

He also follows most of the writing recommendations in WTM in science and history.

Do you think we'll be happy with that? We like the grammar (have been using this year and we love it), but we haven't done any of the writing as I think WWE has been enough for us. I'm not sure what 5th grade looks like for writing instruction.

Does anyone do this? The other program I am a bit interested in is Bravewriter, but I really don't want to spend extra money if I don't need to.

:bigear:

bump as I want to know too.

I have been using R&S 2 and 3 for ds8. Now ds6 is doing FLL 1/2. I am very pleased with FLL, but I would also like to keep doing R&S English with ds8 and eventually switch ds6 over to R&S. I know some people use R&S for grammar and a different writing program. I hope I can just use R&S English for both grammar and writing and not have to juggle with two things.

We are using R&S English5 this year for grammar. The writing instruction is good, and we started out using that as well, however it is only enough if you use the writing techniques in a couple of other subjects, as well. For example, R&S has lessons on paragraphs and outlining. You would then practice those lessons in history, literature, or science writing. For us the extra writing just wasn't getting done, so we switched to a separate writing program. I really liked the idea of writing and grammar in one, but I just couldn't make it work.