Menu

Can the extra books in the Catholic/EO Bibles be found online?

The Orthodox and the Roman Catholics do not have the same number of deuterocanonical books in their bibles. Here's a link to a chart: Click here.

I'm looking to see if I can find the rest of the books somewhere online (the ones not included in the Protestant or RC Bible). Will let you know what I find!

ETA - At OrthodoxWiki, all the books in the Orthodox Septuagint (OT, which included the deuterocanonical books) are listed off to the right. If you click on the name of a book, it takes you to an article on that book. Down toward the bottom of each of those articles, there are some "External Links." Often there is a link to an English translation of said-book there. It's a little bit round about, but hopefully that helps.

Edited by milovaný

The Orthodox and the Roman Catholics do not have the same number of deuterocanonical books in their bibles. Here's a link to a chart: Click here.

I'm looking to see if I can find the rest of the books somewhere online (the ones not included in the Protestant or RC Bible). Will let you know what I find!

ETA - At OrthodoxWiki, all the books in the Orthodox Septuagint (OT, which included the deuterocanonical books) are listed off to the right. If you click on the name of a book, it takes you to an article on that book. Down toward the bottom of each of those articles, there are some "External Links." Often there is a link to an English translation of said-book there. It's a little bit round about, but hopefully that helps.

Oh, sorry--I knew there were more EO books than RC. I just meant...I thought there might be something free online to download to an e-reader w/out having to buy an expensive Bible. I figure the bunches I already own are good no matter what; maybe I could see if I wanted to "supplement" lol.

Thanks for the link. :001_smile: