Menu

Living books to go along with Apologai Physical Science?

My dd is enjoying The Mystery of the Periodic Table. This is saying a lot since she doesn't really enjoy science very much!

http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Periodic-Living-History-Library/dp/188393771X

Of course, biographies work well as a living book supplement. We're reading Albert Einstein and The Theory of Relativity next.

http://www.amazon.com/Albert-Einstein-Relativity-Barrons-Solution/dp/0812039211/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297648556&sr=1-1

You might consider Homer Hickam's Rocket Boys which was the basis of the movie October Sky.

The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe by Theodore Gray is a stunning book that your child might enjoy browsing through. My entire family (adults included) enjoyed this book.

Another great book (though not really what I'd consider a 'living book') is The New Way Things Work by David Macaulay.

Regards,

Kareni

You might consider Homer Hickam's Rocket Boys which was the basis of the movie October Sky.

The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe by Theodore Gray is a stunning book that your child might enjoy browsing through. My entire family (adults included) enjoyed this book.

Another great book (though not really what I'd consider a 'living book') is The New Way Things Work by David Macaulay.

Regards,

Kareni

Thank you very much!! I will am going to check those out as well :001_smile: