Menu

TT Users- return policy?

plain jane

I'm still undecided if I want to use Saxon or TT. I saw on the TT website that they offer a 30 day guarantee where if you're unsatisfied with the program you can return within 30 days of purchase.

I don't know anyone IRL who has the program so purchasing it is the only way for me to see if it would work for my child (other than online samples).

Does anybody here have any experience with this? Is it as easy and hassle-free as it sounds?

I haven't returned mine, I'll probably resell it, as we're WAY past the 30 days and have just figured out it wasn't working for our kids, but when I've had to deal with the company, they've been very nice and helpful.

Any chance you would mind sharing why it's not working for your kids? :) I'd love to hear more feedback on this program.

We were in TT3, just so you know. :)

I found my kids "beating the system." Since the program is supposed to be self-teaching, I wasn't paying enough attention to their lessons as I should've been. I was just checking the grade book. What would happen is that they'd do fine on their lesson, but then forget everything almost right away. There's not NEARLY enough review, IMO. It also went pretty fast for them, especially my DD.

The biggest thing for them is that it doesn't help them memorize their facts, and that's REALLY what mine need. I think that for my DD, too, she needs someone to break things down more for her. We started both of my kids over in MUS Alpha. It's way basic for them (they know how to count to 20, for example, and what they math symbols are), but that's what they tested into, because they don't know their facts. Because the program requires me to be more hands-on with them, I'll be able to tell better if they're actually getting it, or if they're simply data-dumping everything as soon as the lesson is over. There's much more review in MUS, too, which REALLY helps them, and a focus on memorizing their facts. (BTW... if anyone has any tips on helping them memorize, I'm all ears!! Right now we've got a few CDs with memorization songs, they're playing games, like Math Rider, and they're using flash cards.)

TT can be great for kids, if your kids are somewhat good in math already, or are interested in it. Mine aren't, this isn't somewhere where they'll be strong self-starters, I think. So, it wasn't for us. ;-)

I didn't say there wasn't review, I said in my opinion, there wasn't enough review. There are 20 questions in the lesson a day, plus 5 examples... that's just not enough review of previous lessons for my kids, plus working that day's lesson. They need much more than that.

I haven't had to return it, but Indy LOVES it. He's doing TT3 and I bought the workbook too so that he doesn't forget how to do math on paper. He'll be done with it long before we are finished with this year because he likes to do 2 lessons a day (or a lesson and the quiz). I have taken the book and written out my own problems (according to what he's learning) to see if he really gets it and he's done very well. Sorry I'm no help with the return policy, but maybe you won't have to.

I didn't say there wasn't review, I said in my opinion, there wasn't enough review. There are 20 questions in the lesson a day, plus 5 examples... that's just not enough review of previous lessons for my kids, plus working that day's lesson. They need much more than that.

:iagree:This was what my dd said. She was using CLE before and told me that CLE had more review where TT did not and she preferred more review. She is using Saxon and Math-Whizz now.

:iagree:This was what my dd said. She was using CLE before and told me that CLE had more review where TT did not and she preferred more review. She is using Saxon and Math-Whizz now.

This is part of the problem that we are running into with SM- not enough review for dd to really "get" the concepts. We use the EP books and do some of the IP ones (the ones that aren't too challenging for her as she's not a mathy child) but she still needs a bit more. That's why I'm looking at using a different program over the summer months. It's between Saxon and TT but I don't think I'll be able to tell which would be better unless she tries them both. I'm hoping that it would be an easy return to TT if the program isn't for us, but one never knows.

I'm still undecided if I want to use Saxon or TT. I saw on the TT website that they offer a 30 day guarantee where if you're unsatisfied with the program you can return within 30 days of purchase.

I don't know anyone IRL who has the program so purchasing it is the only way for me to see if it would work for my child (other than online samples).

Does anybody here have any experience with this? Is it as easy and hassle-free as it sounds?

Jane,

I bought it, used it for 2 weeks and returned it. HASSLE FREE! They were very kind and I got a full refund.

Here are the old threads I was part of when this discussion went round this time last year. They're pretty opinionated :lol: open with caution!

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79508

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90067

HTH!

Dorinda

Jane,

I bought it, used it for 2 weeks and returned it. HASSLE FREE! They were very kind and I got a full refund.

Here are the old threads I was part of when this discussion went round this time last year. They're pretty opinionated :lol: open with caution!

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79508

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90067

HTH!

Dorinda

OOPS! THIS is the thread I meant to post. One of the other ones I just saved for myself.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174951

It's 27 pages long:D

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for posting these! Very helpful right now.

we have used all of the above. the people at TT are so kind, always had great customer service! We really like MUS until and if they understand what they are doing. we go back to MUS when we need to learn something new that they just arent getting!

TT or saxon with the dives has been a God send for us. no tears, no fuss, no power struggles.

when learning the math facts, math it has been fun and helpful, computer games, skip counting with ball bouncing etc. get those bodies/mind moving but the most powerful and helpful too was using different colors on flashcards and using visualizing. visual memory- looking and closing eyes and picturing it their minds has helped my sons tremendously. Also funny little sayings for those last hard multiplication facts did the trick

from MUS: 8x8=64 i ate and ate til i was sick on the floor: 8x8 is sixty four.