Menu

Looking for a non fiction writer with special project

I have a special request from my father who is looking for a non fiction writer to write up my mom's medical story. She is one of those medical miracles that has had several things occur over the years that collectively would have killed anyone else. She's survived a brain aneurysm and subsequent brain surgery without any handicaps, an aortic aneurysm which was only discovered when she had her kidney removed, operational meningitis and chronic pulmonary disease. She recently had a small stroke and the doctors were simply amazed at her medical history. She's home now and going through physical therapy for her right arm and leg. She has always been the type of person that death never crossed her mind when any of this happened. Just keeps plugging away with a positive attitude. Dad read through her medical journal (she's quite good at journaling) and asked me to put the word out for a non fiction writer who would be willing to write her story. Let me know if you are interested or know of anyone who is interested and will put you in touch with my dad.

That sounds like an amazing story - are you thinking inspirational?

I'm by no measure an expert, but I wonder if your best bet wouldn't be to write a book proposal, submit that to a publisher or agent, get a go-ahead on the project then hire someone to write it. I do know some professional non-fiction authors, but I'm not sure they'd be willing to take on a project without a publishing contract or agreement.

:)