Menu

How to write a paragraph - Anyone have any great books/websites to recommend?

Sun

It has become clear that we need to really start studying paragraphs over here. Writing is one of those areas where I feel like I need a lot of guidance to teach it well, however. Anyone have anything they love for teaching paragraph structure to 2nd/3rd graders? :bigear:

My guess is that generally most curricula dealing with paragraphs are geared toward higher grade levels. Of course it's possible to use such curricula if your kids are advanced, but even for an advanced second grader I'd probably wait another year.

I recently bought these books http://eps.schoolspecialty.com/products/details.cfm?seriesonly=2671M though I haven't started using them yet.

I found a book series from Singapore called Sentences to Paragraphs. It is a 4 book series that builds up through the structure. My daughter is in 4th grade and has a pretty good handle on sentence structure so I got her book 4 this year. I really like it. These books are available from both CBD and Rainbow and both places have samples available.