Menu

Its FINALLY clicking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wy_kid_wrangler04

Ds6 is FINALLLLLLY making progress in phonics and math :thumbup1: He is finally starting to understand math concepts (slowly, but starting) finally starting to be able to count consistently to 20 and he is finally starting to be able to sound out cvc words :w00t:~! This is stuff we have been working on for almost a year. I have an app with a developmental psychologist Monday but the last 2-3 days its just starting to click!!!! (is that what you call the guy? For testing to see if there is an LD?)

Now for a question-- would you keep the app or give it time and see if maybe he was just a late bloomer??? Or go and see what they have to say? I am so excited about this!! He even asked to do phonics! :D Normally the mention of phonics would make him :crying:

That's great news!

I would probably skip the appt. Every child is different... I know some amazing kids who didn't learn to read until age 8. It doesn't mean they have a learning disability, just that they learn things in their own way and at their own pace. If there are other issues other than phonics and math that worry you then you might want to keep the appt. If not, I'd say just move ahead with school lessons and let him set the pace.

:)

I would keep the appointment. They can give you many ideas if it is just a delay and it would also give you peace of mind. I did this with my son and found out I was just jumping the gun. But if there is something, I would want to know early on.

good luck! I love seeing the lightbulbs come on!!!! Nothing like it!

Ds6 is FINALLLLLLY making progress in phonics and math :thumbup1: He is finally starting to understand math concepts (slowly, but starting) finally starting to be able to count consistently to 20 and he is finally starting to be able to sound out cvc words :w00t:~! This is stuff we have been working on for almost a year. I have an app with a developmental psychologist Monday but the last 2-3 days its just starting to click!!!! (is that what you call the guy? For testing to see if there is an LD?)

Now for a question-- would you keep the app or give it time and see if maybe he was just a late bloomer??? Or go and see what they have to say? I am so excited about this!! He even asked to do phonics! :D Normally the mention of phonics would make him :crying:

Can you pm me with the name of the DP and where he/she is?:001_smile: