Menu

I'm going to be sorry tomorrow.

I have about 30 people coming to my house at 1:00 PM tomorrow for ds1's birthday, and I'm not ready at all. The cake is baked, but I need to frost it and decorate it. My house is not clean. I'm supposed to make cheese cutouts on the Cricut for a cheese hunt. (Don't ask, I have weird kids!) And what am I doing? Reading threads on this board. I just got home from attending a high school basketball game with the Tiger Den I lead, so I really don't feel like getting ready for a party. Between Cub Scouts, all of us having strep throat, my aunt passing away, and ds1 going through testing at the schools for an IEP, my days have been extremely full this past month. I'm so not in the mood for all of this, but it's too late to cancel now. I'm just going on the philosophy that people are coming to wish ds a happy birthday, and if my house isn't clean, we will all live!

Look at your to-do list tonight, pare it down to the bare essentials. Put a time estimate next to each. Then go to bed. Get up early to get a jump start on what needs to be done.

When I'm behind, it's no good working at night, I'm just too tired to get anything done effeciently. I can accomplish the same amount in 1/2 the time in the early morning.

This was me last month for DD's bday. I always procrastinate though. I was probably sitting here reading up on the WTM forums at 11pm, with my house in total chaos...ah well, I do my best work under pressure. ;)

But seriously, I told DH we should have took photos at 6am and again at 1pm (right before the party). It was like 2 different houses. :lol: I was sweating by the time the guests arrived and you could not walk in my bedroom...but I locked the door, so it was all good. :D

If you are like me, just get up bright and early and suck it up! No one (but you!) will notice if everything is not perfect. Have fun frosting the cake and cutting the cheese. ;):lol: With the cricut, I mean. ;)

Thanks, ladies. Since I last posted, I got over myself a little, and emptied the dishwasher, put the dirty dishes in, frosted and decorated the cake, and had the kids come down and do a quick clean up of toys, books, etc. from the living room/dining room area. I will now read them stories and go to bed, so we can all get up and try to clean like maniacs, decorate the house, cut the cheese (giggle), and make the food.