Menu

Turns out, that I would have been subjected to the dunking chair...

DS just read "if you lived in Colonial times. He came up to me afterwards with a big smile on his face and asked me if he could read a page to me. He read to me about the punishments, and that if a wife spoke back to her husband, she would be subjected to the dunking chair. He then proudly informed me that I would have to be dunked every day if we lived during Colonial times.

Nicole

Ummmmm, I wonder what the official, legal definition of "talk back" was? It's possible that they would have gotten tired of dunking me and just drown me once and for all!

Dh will be amused when he hears this one. We don't have arguments but we do some light hearted teasing and I'm thinking this would have qualified me for a prolonger period of soaking.

Faith

I should write that one down and see if I can find out what they did to the cheeky kids. We are watching colonial house as well right now, so we are up to our ears in the colonial time.

He also pointed out that the kids had the best survival % of all the people who went over on the Mayflower.