Menu

I'm sick of the grocery store and I'm sick of cooking and I'm sick of people asking me what's for dinner.

I go to the grocery store every other week. That means I have a ton of groceries at once, but at least I have two whole weeks before I have to go back again.

I go either alone or with my 12yo. The others stay home. I thoroughly hated grocery shopping with my kids. It improved a great deal once I could leave them at home. Shopping with my 12yo isn't bad. I get done very quickly when she's with me because she'll take a page of my list and go round up everything on it.

I hate grocery shopping. Not because it's too hard, I only have one agreeable daughter and I love to hang out with her. But because it's boring to me. It's the same old thing every time. I try to get my husband to go grocery shopping as often as possible. Also, I really hate spending money on groceries. I wish I loved cooking and thus, loved grocery shopping, but I guess that's not my thing.

I used to get a grocery delivery service when I lived in an area that had it. Now it's a 40 minute drive to the nearest Whole Foods and I have to battle the ice and snow on top of my grocery-shopping dislike.

I would honestly rather go grocery shopping at 1 AM, alone, with my iPod, then take my 3 kids with me. I watch my sister's kids often, too, so sometimes it would be 5 kids, even!

And considering my middle child has SPD and possibly Asperger's, he is seriously more work to take along than my youngest, and my sister's two (who are 3 and 1). He gets "going" and then the littles chime in. It's very "busy"!

I go to Costco for bulk stuff, and most of the rest I get at Walmart. They never have enough checkers open, and that, too, has made me hate going even more. Who wants to waste 20 minutes waiting to get to checkout?

Guest CarolineUK

I hate grocery shopping too. In fact I gave up going after DS6 was born. Yes, I'm another who does all my shopping online and have it delivered :D. The store I use even delivers for free on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. They guarantee to deliver it within a one hour slot and if they're late they refund you £10 (even if you're having a free delivery :huh:). During the snowy weather before Christmas they had to cancel because they couldn't get here and I just felt utter despair.

Can you get deliveries? As I have to drive five miles to the nearest supermarket, it makes sense to get groceries delivered and pay a small fee for the privilege. That way I can shop on line at my leisure, and only have to put away the groceries when they arrive. I can often avoid the delivery charge too by looking for special offers.

Laura

The only time I don't mind going grocery shopping is if I don't have the kids! Of course, that doesn't happen often... Tonight DH has said if I waited until he gets home, we'll all go together. Somehow, I don't know that it will be any better...

I know in myhousehold, that would be worse by several magnitudes. I don't mind grocery shopping, it's the corralling all the excess 2 legged critters that accompany me.

I don't mind going to the grocery store. Everyone else who has ever accompanied me hates it because I can be rather meticulous about my choices.

My goal is to leave with the highest quality, nutritious food at the lowest possible cost. DD shares that goal. The males want to buy the worst food on the planet, all of it junk by my standards.

Edited by RoughCollie