Menu

Need a brief moment of assistance on my dh's cover letter (Please?)

In the required qualifications for the position it says:

Proficient computer skills, including

Microsoft Office programs, and ability

to quickly learn other programs specific

to the position/department.

Based on the advice of a head hunter we know, I'm listing all the stated qualifications for the position in the cover letter in one column, with DH's skills/experience in the other column. DH's computer skills are limited -- he can learn as needed, but he doesn't have "proficient computer skills, including MO programs" today as we submit the application. What do I write in the second column? I can't really leave this qualification out since I've included ALL the other ones, for which dh does have sufficient experience/skills. Any advice?

ETA - Turned it in. Thanks for your help!

Edited by milovaný

In the required qualifications for the position it says:

Proficient computer skills, including

Microsoft Office programs, and ability

to quickly learn other programs specific

to the position/department.

Based on the advice of a head hunter we know, I'm listing all the stated qualifications for the position in the cover letter in one column, with DH's skills/experience in the other column. DH's computer skills are limited -- he can learn as needed, but he doesn't have "proficient computer skills, including MO programs" today as we submit the application. What do I write in the second column? I can't really leave this qualification out since I've included ALL the other ones, for which dh does have sufficient experience/skills. Any advice?

Does he have any experience with other word processing, spreadsheet or database programs that he could list?

Nope. I need to figure out how to word " No experience but willing and able to learn" in the best way.

They are asking only specifically for MS Office. Can he teach himself with a book or take a quick course at a community college? If yes, I would just write that he is currently enhancing his knowledge level to proficient or something like this.

Does he have to turn it in tomorrow? Do you have office word or works on your computer? Get him proficient!!! It's not that hard...you could do it in a LONG evening.

Well, it's due today -- but you're right, I thought about that. I could say "in training" and get him trained myself since I'm wildly proficient. :D

"quick to learn and apply office technologies and software applications"

Yes, very nice. But I already had to turn it in. :glare:

I put something about "Currently in training for MS Word and basic Excel. Able and willing to learn department-specific software programs."