Menu

Chemadvantage honors: who took it?

Is there anybody who took the Chemadvantage honors class and has a detailed schedule and a list of assignments they would be willing to share? (I assume students got some kind of schedule and assignment list?)

As I posted in another thread, the class is no longer available.

It would help us if we could see how he did the honors class and how much time was spent on which material. Thanks.

I was planning on having my dd take the class. I am very disappointed it won't be offered next year. Mr. Moskaluk is an amazing teacher, and I have been very impressed by the class.

I believe that that material would be covered by copyright since he created the material.

Edited by Gwen in VA

I was planning on having my dd take the class. I am very disappointed it won't be offered next year. Mr. Moskaluk is an amazing teacher, and I have been very impressed by the class.

I believe that that material would be covered by copyright since he created the material.

I don't want any "material". He was using a standard text - all I want is to see what he covered when and which assignments from the text are good ones.

On what basis are you assuming that honors chemistry will not be available?

The website list honors chem (2010-2011) whereas AP chemistry doesn't but this may just be how the page was set up. I wasn't able to find anything else that could lead to an assumption that only AP chemistry will be offered next year.

Before you get too worried, why not email the administrator (admin@chemadvantage.com) to find out if plans for next year have been made yet?

hth

~Moira

On what basis are you assuming that honors chemistry will not be available?

The website list honors chem (2010-2011) whereas AP chemistry doesn't but this may just be how the page was set up. I wasn't able to find anything else that could lead to an assumption that only AP chemistry will be offered next year.

If you go to honors and click on application:

http://www.chemadvantage.com/public_site/honors_chemistry/notification_stop_honors.html

It says:

"Dear Students and Parents:

Thank you for your interest in our Honors Chemistry course.

Due to the increasing number of AP Chemistry enrollments each year, we have had to make the difficult decision to discontinue Honors Chemistry starting next fall.

We enjoy teaching Honors Chemistry, but in order to continue to provide a high quality, personalized experience for our students, we must focus our future efforts on AP Chemistry.

Again, thank you for your interest. We hope that you will contact us again for your AP Chemistry education.

Peter Moskaluk"

Before you get too worried, why not email the administrator (admin@chemadvantage.com) to find out if plans for next year have been made yet?

I take this announcement to mean that their plans for the Fall HAVE been made and that they do not include honors chemistry.

I would suggest you email Mr. Moskaluk and ask if he'd be willing to share. I emailed him probably in December inquiring about the Honors Chemistry. He told me at the time that it would not be offered next year. At my request, he had shared a syllabus, sample homework and test, a few other things. I ran out of room recently in my email account and had to delete it. He was very kind. He would probably share.

I take this announcement to mean that their plans for the Fall HAVE been made and that they do not include honors chemistry.

Thanks for making it clear. What a shame, it has been a good course for my dd. She is considering doing AP chemistry next year but I know she wouldn't be without the honors chemistry.

I wonder if he has considered how many of his AP students have previously taken his honors course and how its ending will impact future enrollment in the AP including those who will go straight to AP and flounder.

~Moira

I would suggest you email Mr. Moskaluk and ask if he'd be willing to share. I emailed him probably in December inquiring about the Honors Chemistry. He told me at the time that it would not be offered next year. At my request, he had shared a syllabus, sample homework and test, a few other things. I ran out of room recently in my email account and had to delete it. He was very kind. He would probably share.

Thanks, Sue. I think I will do that.

Is there anybody who took the Chemadvantage honors class and has a detailed schedule and a list of assignments they would be willing to share? (I assume students got some kind of schedule and assignment list?)

As I posted in another thread, the class is no longer available.

It would help us if we could see how he did the honors class and how much time was spent on which material. Thanks.

Regentrude,

I sent you a PM regarding ChemAdvantage.

Kathy