Menu

Lightkeepers "Ten Boys Who . . ." books

Staceyshoe

I haven't read my one book of this series, but the back says read to ages 7-8; read-alone 8-12. A glance through the book suggests that it's much more targeted to the younger end of the range...big print, wide margins, etc. In our case, I wouldn't give it to my 12 year olds because it's not substantial enough for them. I also wouldn't just hand it to my 9 yo because it makes statements that contradict our beliefs. If I decide it will be worth teaching for the history, I'll have to read along with my younger child.

We like them all (boy and girl) and the age recommendations are correct however, my children are 11 and 12 and pull them off the shelf for reading over and over again. We just used them as free reading, never coordinated them with history but you sure could.

KLA

The girl's series looks even more interesting.

In the past I got very confused linking serious christianity with total patriarchy and thinking my entire role in life was to further the agendas of the male members of my family. I ceased to exist as an individual.

Many of these women did great things in general and for Christainity that was not part of being a tag along for a man. They were individuals on their own path and with their own agendas, while at the same time being serious Christians.

I'm going to get one of these books for myself.