Menu

I'm so stupid! We ARE doing a foreign language

Mom in High Heels

I swear this pregnancy has made me dumber every day. When this school year started, we were going to do German, but dropped it because we had too much on our plate (you know what with the pregnancy and all). Also, he hears German on almost a daily basis and has a rudimentary understanding of it, so I let it go. I've been stressing over the fact that we weren't doing any formal foreign language instruction, but just couldn't figure out a way to work it back in. Today though it dawned on me that we're learning Latin, which IS in fact a foreign language. What is wrong with me? Maybe because Latin isn't a spoken language? I don't know. I've really been stressed about the whole language thing and we've been doing it all along. Gah!

I'll take the pregnancy brain, newborn brain, and raise you the more-than-one-child-in-the-house brain - the mom brain. :-/ Are we supposed to be able to think after kids? hold a thought? do things alone?

And ... are you trying to tell me I was supposed to be teaching a language other than English? gah!