Menu

sling-style bookshelf

I'm looking for a bookshelf that faces the books out so the covers are facing out. We have a traditional one in our hallway that is OVERFLOWING (and constantly pulled apart as is prone to happen with a toddler running around :lol:). I'm planning on FIAR and want to hopefully isolate specific titles that go along with our unit of study. I need something sturdy that holds a ton of books (at least 20).

Thoughts and opinions on something like this? I like the look of this one http://www.amazon.com/One-Step-Ahead-Sling-Bookshelf/dp/B002YQQV7O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1297354516&sr=8-4

I've never known anyone who has something like this in their home, though...so I want to get some thoughts/experiences/ideas before I invest.

I have one very similar to that. I think it's really cute but, honestly, it was probably a waste of money. I rotate the books on it frequently but the kids don't really pay attention to it at all. They seem to know which particular books they are looking for at any given time and just pull those off the regular bookshelf.

Thoughts and opinions on something like this? I like the look of this one http://www.amazon.com/One-Step-Ahead-Sling-Bookshelf/dp/B002YQQV7O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1297354516&sr=8-4

I've never known anyone who has something like this in their home, though...so I want to get some thoughts/experiences/ideas before I invest.

I have one very similar to this. Mine does not have the drawers. I bought it when Doodle was an infant and used it then for his board books. It was perfect as he was able to crawl to it and get his books out. I thought it would become "too small" for him once he got older, but we still use it. It is currently in our "fun school room" and I now use it for our science related reading books. I really like it and don't plan to ever part with it.