Menu

Question about LfcA vs Prima Latina

Ummsamiyah

I switched from Prima Latina to LfC A without any problems. When the novelty of learning Latin wore off, Prima just became too dull for them. They are loving LfC, especially the activity books and the silly Latin cartoons after some chapters on the DVD. I do not regret the choice one bit.

Our experience was a little different. LFC A was the first Latin program we tried. For my family, it didn't really work. We have zero Latin background so that may have been the problem. Plus, I was letting my older dd do it independently with my ds. My dd was at an age that the VP people felt she could do it independently without any problem. She works very well independently, btw.

She did fine up to a point and then she hit a wall. Overall, she felt that it moved very fast and didn't break the info. down in a very understandable way. They seem to throw a lot at you at one time. Maybe it would have been different if I had done it with her. But, for me...that was the whole point. I was hoping for an independent Latin program.

However, I am constantly drawn to the "fun" element of LFC. Maybe I'll try it again someday...

Currently, she is doing First Form Latin and she feels that it breaks it down better. The DVD lessons are full of good explanations. She has been doing much better with that as an independent study. We'll see how it goes as we get deeper into it.

Hope that helps. :001_smile: