Menu

Amazon Prime ?

Not usually. The items that ship on Prime Membership are usually from Amazon itself. I have seen a few exceptions, but this is typically true.

You can do a search, isolating Amazon Prime eligible items by using the tools on the left side of your screen.

Any item that is eligible, clearly says that it is Amazon Prime eligible.

For instance: here is a book that is Amazon Prime eligible. Look at the price and the sentence following it. If you have Prime, and are logged into Amazon, it will tell you it is Prime eligible.

On the right side of the screen, there is a box that says "more buying options" that will show you the same item, for sale by other sellers including used. Here is a link to that page. It shows the Prime discount and the regular shipping prices from other sellers. You do not have to be logged in or have Prime already to see the eligible items this way.

By searching in this method, you can see that with Prime, you can buy the book cheaper than the used price w/ shipping. :)

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

Occasionally other sellers will warehouse their inventory with Amazon and then you can use Prime. This doesn't happen very often for used books though and usually not the ones for the best overall price.

If you do a lot of shopping at Amazon then it is definitely worth it. I do a lot of my bulk shopping there. We are somewhat rural plus I have three kids and a dh who is away a lot. I do their subscription buying for things we use a lot (laundry soap, dish soap, some bulk food items, etc). It saves me time and having to haul the stuff myself. :001_smile:

More and more lately I've been able to find used books that are eligible for Amazon Prime. It won't ever be the $0.01 books, but usually, if there are Prime-eligible used copies available, they are a few cents cheaper than any other used copy + shipping. Plus, it's 2 day shipping.

The nice thing about Prime, if you do sign up for it, is that after the free trial period is over and they charge your credit card for the Prime membership, if you cancel the membership without having used the Prime benefits, they refund your money. I found this out after I forgot to cancel the trial membership in time and our credit card was charged. I cancelled Prime a couple days after we were charged, and was notified that they credited our credit card account since we didn't use Prime (after it was charged, that is. we did use it during the free trial).

I've found many used books eligible for Amazon Prime lately.

When you look at a book, click on "## used & new" under more buying choices. Then click on "Prime Offers Only" and you'll see any used copies sold with Fulfilled by Amazon, which means you'll get it shipped free in 2 business days, instead of $3.99 with media mail shipping like most used book sales.

Just today, I ordered the book "Protecting the Gift" after being reminded about it on the Beware thread. I got a used copy for $5.95 shipped and it is $10.20 shipped new. The deals are hit and miss, but I check any book I'd be willing to buy used and have had good luck lately.

I've been a Prime customer for years, but just recently signed up for Amazon Mom since they offer at least three months of Prime free. Since I had just recently renewed my Prime, Amazon credited back my account for the Prime membership I'd already paid for. Once my free months expire though, I'll definitely be renewing Prime.