Menu

Just a silly thread to say... I LOVE AAS

Dolphin

We switched to AAS in October as spectrum spelling was becoming our least favorite subject. I was really not sure about starting my third grader (who is at a 7th grade reading level(but horrible with writing and struggling with Math, no kid is perfect:lol:)) in level 1, but I took a leap and did it.

I am so happy we did

Spelling became our favorite subject. He loves playing with the tiles. He has a complete can do attitude when it comes to spelling now.

So the reason for my early morning, sudden expression of joy...

2 reasons;

1.) We just finished AAS 1. we have officially completed our first book, and had a blast doing it.

2.) He is working on a project about colonial times and asked me how to spell the word punishments, I told him to use his spelling rules and spell it with the tiles.

ds "Okay, my base word is punish" he then sounds out punish with the tiles, "now I add ment" sounds that out with the tiles. "Okay, now I can make it a plural" and he adds and s

He totally remembered how to figure out the word and he did it right!

Sorry, I just had to share, today has been a good morning. Thank you AAS!

Nicole

and no, I am in no way associated with AAS, just a happy mama!

We just finished level 1 yesterday, and my son's reading and spelling have both improved. It's awesome! And while he's normally writing phobic, he does the dictation in AAS with ease and no complaint! :D

I just sometimes have to keep my patience when we're spelling with tiles and he has to make them all explode as they're moving to and from the word area. :glare: But sometimes if he's needing some encouragement to move along so I can call out the next word, I can threaten to add more dictation, and he'll speed right up. :lol:

I just sometimes have to keep my patience when we're spelling with tiles and he has to make them all explode as they're moving to and from the word area. :glare: But sometimes if he's needing some encouragement to move along so I can call out the next word, I can threaten to add more dictation, and he'll speed right up. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: My son used to do that with every word too! I kind of miss it now that he has outgrown that phase.