Menu

ACT this weekend. Are there any students taking it?

we also got the BIG SNOW! The school where he is scheduled to test is in a rural area anyway, and they received around 2 feet of snow!! This may not sound like a lot to many of you, but here it is record-breaking. I simply cannot believe they will have it. I had asked about this and the rescheduling on another thread. I called the ACT people who told me that the decision is made by the person who is the head administrator for the test - this person may or may not be an employee of the school.

I had decided "no way" were they having it, but now Dragon Academy has me wondering!

we also got the BIG SNOW! The school where he is scheduled to test is in a rural area anyway, and they received around 2 feet of snow!! This may not sound like a lot to many of you, but here it is record-breaking. I simply cannot believe they will have it. I had asked about this and the rescheduling on another thread. I called the ACT people who told me that the decision is made by the person who is the head administrator for the test - this person may or may not be an employee of the school.

I had decided "no way" were they having it, but now Dragon Academy has me wondering!

Were you able to call the individual responsible for making the decision? I'm wondering how far in advance they are supposed to let us know if it is canceled. I really don't want to plow through the snow just to find out that it has been canceled. But nothing is showing up on the ACT website about it being rescheduled.

Were you able to call the individual responsible for making the decision? I'm wondering how far in advance they are supposed to let us know if it is canceled. I really don't want to plow through the snow just to find out that it has been canceled. But nothing is showing up on the ACT website about it being rescheduled.

I do not know who the individual is. Only what the ACT rep. told me which was that the decision is made by such person rather than the local school superintendent or other school official. Now, the person responsible may or may not also be an employee of the school. But, apparently the ACT organization contracts out this position, so it isn't necessarily someone directly affiliated with the school/testing site.

I saw only four or five sites from NC that were already rescheduled. I, too, wondered when an official decision is made. The ACT site says to check on the morning of the test. :tongue_smilie:

How much snow did you get? I think we got about 20 inches. Crazy big for us.

What happens if they don't cancel but you decide the weather or roads are too bad? Do they allow you to reschedule or do you forfeit the fee?

I mean the testing guy might be driving a big ole ugly SUV with mega snow tires and the parent's vehicle might be a cute little VW convertible that cannot plow through 3 foot drifts. :)