Menu

MFW 1st grade experiences?

littleWMN

We're almost finished with MFW K, so I think we might just continue on with MFW 1st. I'm wondering about this, too. My daughter is reading CVC words, some long vowel words and some sight words. I actually got to look at it at the store the other day. It looks nice.

:lurk5:

Also, how long much of the day does MFW 1st take up and what supplements did everyone use (if any)?

We're almost finished with MFW K, so I think we might just continue on with MFW 1st. I'm wondering about this, too. My daughter is reading CVC words, some long vowel words and some sight words. I actually got to look at it at the store the other day. It looks nice.

:lurk5:

Also, how long much of the day does MFW 1st take up and what supplements did everyone use (if any)?

That's right where my dd is too!

:bigear:

We loved it. My dd7 was a good reader when we started it, so I didn't do all of the phonics with her. We really loved the Bible Reader, and she enjoyed doing the illustrations for it in the Bible Notebook. She liked doing the timeline, but she didn't really understand it other than these people lived a long time ago, way before us. The science we didn't do because I did it like described in TWTM. Math we didn't do because I started her with Saxon, and we have stuck with it. We tried using Drawing with Children, but that didn't work out for us because I dropped the ball on art. Especially once it stopped telling me exactly what to do and when to it! I need more direction, I guess. LOL

I have a dd5 that is almost finished with MFWK. For phonics I am using OPGTR, but I plan on doing all the phonics in MFW 1st as a review for her. We will be doing the Bible reader and notebook, but everything else she will be doing with dd7. We are in Adventures right now, too, and will be doing ECC next year. Well, the Bible in ECC anyway.

I hope that helps, and if you have any more questions, please ask. Also, the MFW forum is very helpful, too! They have lots of ideas and information there for each week!