Menu

Catwoman or any other fashion savy person (of which I am not)

Hi! I haven't been online so I missed your question until now. (Sorry!)

Definitely go with the stiletto heels. They'll make your legs look way better, and I can't imagine a Staten Island crowd showing up in platform shoes. Along the same lines, if you don't have a spray-on tan, go with the sheer black hose -- nice ones, with a little bit of sheen (not shiny, but not matte, either.) I know that some of the women may choose bare legs, but I always think that look is somewhat inappropriate for a funeral -- and you'll freeze at the cemetery without something covering your legs, anyway. Wear a long black dress coat if you have one, and if your handbag is big and clunky, leave it in the car.

BTW, with a black dress, make sure you wear some makeup, and don't choose too dull a lip color or you'll look washed out. Don't forget about waterproof mascara and eyeliner that will stay put, in case you end up crying.

Sorry to hear you have to attend a funeral.

Cat

My vote is for stilettos, I prefer them over platforms. I think in the end for me the decision factor is going to be how long will you have to stand in them without sitting. Platforms tend to be more forgiving for longer periods of standing time. :grouphug: Sorry you have to go to funeral

One day of wake and then the funeral services. I can deal with the stilettos.

Thank you for your condolences.

If you do wear hose, make them a sheer black. No nude hose!

No nude, that I did know. :D

You also have to factor in the weather. I vote for the sheer black hose. If it is snowy or very cold do you have some nice boots?

I do have boots, but they are heeled black patent leather and I thought that was just too much for the occasion.

Hi! I haven't been online so I missed your question until now. (Sorry!)

Definitely go with the stiletto heels. They'll make your legs look way better, and I can't imagine a Staten Island crowd showing up in platform shoes. Along the same lines, if you don't have a spray-on tan, go with the sheer black hose -- nice ones, with a little bit of sheen (not shiny, but not matte, either.) I know that some of the women may choose bare legs, but I always think that look is somewhat inappropriate for a funeral -- and you'll freeze at the cemetery without something covering your legs, anyway. Wear a long black dress coat if you have one, and if your handbag is big and clunky, leave it in the car.

BTW, with a black dress, make sure you wear some makeup, and don't choose too dull a lip color or you'll look washed out. Don't forget about waterproof mascara and eyeliner that will stay put, in case you end up crying.

Sorry to hear you have to attend a funeral.

Cat

Mascara, check, lipstick, check. I bought matte and sheer with a shine just in case. So check on that. I do have a camel hair dress coat, but like you said, I thought bare legs for such an occasion was not appropriate.

Thank you all.