Menu

MFW for only some kids in the family?

Paige

I like the idea of MFW for my younger students next year. The younger girls will be in 2nd grade and I have a 4yr old who I'd like to have tagging along for whatever she can. I don't want to do it with my oldest who will be in 4th grade, however. He already has his groove and we want to continue with what's working for him. It would require too much tweaking to fold what he's doing into either of those programs to be worth it. It seems the advantage of MFW is that you can use it for all the children in your family. Would it be too time consuming to try to do MFW with 2 elementary age kids and then have another elementary age child doing something totally different?

I would suggest asking the MFW forum on their website or emailing them. I am getting ready to start MFW with my kids. They are 13,10,9, and 7 (but my ds7 is really like he is 5) If your 4th grader is very independent, it might be okay. I don't think it would have worked in my home. My oldest is very independent now, but four years ago she needed me more. Next year she will be in high school, so she will be MFW AHL and I will be doing ECC with the other three.

I hope you hear from others who have experience with MFW.

~needmoregrace

With MFW's Adventures it might be doable for what you are asking depending a lot what the 4th grader is doing.

It's after that year that I'm wondering if it would work easily or not. It could be with ECC it will just be easier to have the then 5th and 3rd grader in that.

My situation is a little different. My youngest isn't really doing much from MFW this year. she has autism and we have to design different stuff for her this year as a 2nd grader. I mean we include her in fun stuff in Rome to the Reformation with science and some activities, but most of her education is based on language development and life skills this year. So my oldest is in AHL (9th grade MFW), middle gal 6th grade in RTR.

-crystal