Menu

I'm so excited all of my new curriculum has arrived

littlebug42

I have to share here because no one IRL appreciates the fact that all of my new curriculum for next year has arrived and I get to spend the afternoon/evening looking through the rest of it. I have a 5th and 3rd grader next year and I have been tweaking my list forever. I am so fortunate that my Mom buys the bulk of my curriculum each year. My brother and sister also homeschool and Mom has done the same for them every year. Yay!

Guest aquiverfull

Wow, what a great mom you have! I'm agonizing over ours and trying to get everything planned out so I can purchase soon. I'm envious of you, I long for that time when I can quit stressing and start lesson planning. ;)

Have fun!!! :D

Congrats!!! My CLE box arrived today. I am still waiting on my history and science to arrive. Man I wish my mother purchased my curriculum. That would be sweet. Don't you just love box day. I have already told my son that his first grade materials have started arriving. He is so excited. Whoohooo for curriculum. I hope your upcoming year is great.

Thanks for sharing my excitement. No one else understands.

For Sweet-Pea (5th grade), I am using:

Math: Singapore (This is actually not purchased yet. Just decided to try).

LA: Exercises in English E supplemented with diagramming

Story Grammar for Elementary School by Kilgallon

Jump In for reluctant writers (after Story Grammar)

Editing practice

Words on the Vine (spelling and vocab)

Stories and Poems for Extremely Intelligent Children of all Ages

For Boo-Boo (3rd grade):

Math: Abeka 3

LA: Language Smarts D (Critical Thinking Company)

Webster's Speller and Spelling City (didn't purchase anything)

Lots of reading and oral narration

For both together:

History: SOTW 3 with activity book and supplemental reading - novels assigned for Sweet-Pea and book basket approach with Boo-Boo.

Geography (must include as Boo-Boo is a fanatic): See the USA a trip through the Nifty Fifty with state birds and flowers coloring books

Language: Getting Started with Latin and Greek Alphabet Code Cracker followed by Song School Greek. We are doing Song School Latin this year and they begged to do Greek.

Religion: The First Christians: Acts of the Apostles for Children followed by St. Patrick's Summer A Children's Adventure Catechism.

Science: Ellen McHenry's The Elements (They take several outside science classes as well).

Critical Thinking Company Mind benders.

I also got an Ohio history activity book that we will complete over the summer along with some field trips through the state.

Wow, typing it all out it seems like a LOT. I think I have finally hit a good mix of what works for my kids and what their strengths and weaknesses are. I am very excited.

:D Yeah, your mom is WAY cool. Totally jealous.

we are broke and my DH is facing a lay off so I am slowly purchasing mine used. I did put away some money for curriculum with some items I have sold. I just bought the entire HWT K set from someone on here and she mailed it today and I am DYING to look at it!

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's amazing your mom does that for you, and having your siblings also homeschool to boot! So cool.

Yay on everything arriving! It is so exciting, isn't it? Snow has delayed two of my big homeschool shipments, but I'm arranging snow plow service as I type to make sure I get my RR shipment tomorrow. :)

Yay on everything arriving! It is so exciting, isn't it? Snow has delayed two of my big homeschool shipments, but I'm arranging snow plow service as I type to make sure I get my RR shipment tomorrow. :)

One of the reasons I am so excited is that this last box was lost in UPS limbo last week because of the ice storm. I have learned to never order curriculum the week before a big winter storm. :001_smile:

To everyone, my Mom is the best. She was a single Mom to the three of us and my Dad was a complete Deadbeat. I am very proud of her. She supports all of us in our desire to be home and homeschool the kids. She really dreamed of that with us and she had no choice but to work full time to be able to feed us.

I will share in your party because I just got my big rainbow resources box today. Woohoo! My kids tried to open up the magnet set, but I snatched it away just in time.:lol: Though I will be using the math portion of it now since the main reason I ordered so far in advance is that DS finished his math book and needed the next level and I wanted to hit the $150 mark to get free shipping.

Then today the books I sold to amazon cleared so I got my gift card and I immediately ordered the beautiful feet guides that have been sitting in my cart for 2 weeks waiting for my gift cards to show up. It's a happy day.:lol::D:001_smile:;)

I am going away with my three closest girl friends next weekend to my brother's cabin. They plan to scrapbook. I will be doing lesson plans.

Oh, that sounds wonderful!!

I used to love to scrapbook, but now I would rather do lesson plans. My scrapbooking friends do not get it.

They also are amazed that now I like to spend my extra money on school stuff, and not the cool, new scrapbooking items. Their kids all go to ps though, so they don't understand why on earth I would spend my money on books for school. :lol:

Have fun!!

Sharing your joy, I love when boxes of books arrive!!

My stuff got here last week, but I haven't had time to look it over because we are packing to head back overseas again. It's soooo hard not to drop everything I need to do and hang out with my books :).

So excited for you! Your list looks great and I'm sure you are going to have a great time with your new curriculum!! :) Yay!!

Please tell your mom what an inspiration she is to me. What an amazing story and legacy she has given to you. To face adversity in life, and still come out so positive and helpful to her children is a testimony to us all. Thank her for me (some random person on the Internet she has never met :)).

I will share in your party because I just got my big rainbow resources box today. Woohoo! My kids tried to open up the magnet set, but I snatched it away just in time.:lol: Though I will be using the math portion of it now since the main reason I ordered so far in advance is that DS finished his math book and needed the next level and I wanted to hit the $150 mark to get free shipping.

Then today the books I sold to amazon cleared so I got my gift card and I immediately ordered the beautiful feet guides that have been sitting in my cart for 2 weeks waiting for my gift cards to show up. It's a happy day.:lol::D:001_smile:;)

I had to laugh when I read this. I am the same way. I always have to hit that free shipping number. Sometimes I think I would come out ahead just paying the shipping, but I love the extra stuff! :lol:

OP...that is awesome that you mom pays for a lot of the curriculum. My DS4 will be turning 5 in April and I am going to give a list of manipulatives to my family as a wish list. That way, he thinks he is getting toys, but it will come in handy. I have gotten my phonics and my math is supposed to come today (fingers crossed). I love holding it in my hands and looking through it! We all understand how excited you are! I agree with IRL people not getting it since they haven't experienced it! :001_smile:

One of the reasons I am so excited is that this last box was lost in UPS limbo last week because of the ice storm. I have learned to never order curriculum the week before a big winter storm. :001_smile:

To everyone, my Mom is the best. She was a single Mom to the three of us and my Dad was a complete Deadbeat. I am very proud of her. She supports all of us in our desire to be home and homeschool the kids. She really dreamed of that with us and she had no choice but to work full time to be able to feed us.

She sounds like an amazing mother!