Menu

curriculum combos??

cherylw

There may be another thread for this question, if so, just direct me to it please. I was wondering if anyone uses a curriculum that combines or cross references between subjects. I guess this is called unit studies. I just have not been able to get organized enough to develop my own and I am starting a part time job so I need to gets as much in as possible. I really want to combine history/social studies with Language arts. Any suggestions from you seasoned pros???:001_huh:. What are some other areas some of you combine?

After lots of prayer and research, I've decided to try My Father's World for this next year. Not only does it combine subjects (History, Science, Bible, Art, Music and some literature) but it also allows you to combine your children and teach to their abilities but together. So the only thing I need to teach separately is Math and Language ARts. This will save me time and give me the direction I need, since I'm not creative enough to come up with it all on my own. Hope that helps. There are lots of others, so keep researching, but I'm excited to be able to use it.

Heart of Dakota

There are actual language arts lessons in grammar and dictation, but much of the LA is spread out across the curriculum. Most of the subjects are directly linked, and sometimes just loosly (like Bible, science, history, poetry may all tie in). You could combine your 3rd and 4th graders into the same program. The forums on their site are just amazing...such wonderful encouragement and even the author frequents the board to offer advice and answer questions.

Edited by hmschooling

Heart of Dakota

There are actual language arts lessons in grammar and dictation, but much of the LA is spread out across the curriculum. Most of the subjects are directly linked, and sometimes just loosly (like Bible, science, history, poetry may all tie in). You could combine your 3rd and 4th graders into the same program. The forums on their site are just amazing...such wonderful encouragement and even the author frequents the board to offer advice and answer questions.

:iagree:

The Phonics Road also saves us a ton of time with Reading, Spelling, Grammar, Writing, Vocabulary, Literature and Etymology all in one program.

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Heart of Dakota

Has anyone else used this? Would like some feedback on it if possible.

Guest aquiverfull

There are lots of users on this board. Did you try doing a search? Try HOD or Heart of Dakota in the search bar, that will give you plenty to read. :)