Menu

Silly fun thread- who are your favorite actors/actresses

My all time favorite actress is hands down Vivien Leigh. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be Scarlett O'Hara. I think she was a brilliant actress.

One of my favorite actors is honestly, James Marsters, that played Spike on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That man can speak volumes with just his eyes. It is so impressive and I could watch him forever. I am trained as an actor and I know how hard it can be to portray those subtleties so I have tremendous respect for anyone that can do it well.

Colin Firth - He almost fell out of favor with me for doing Mamm Mia - a very painful movie for professional musicians to listen to...don't ask me what I think of Pierce Brosnan's singing ability.

Emma Thompson - Love Nanny McPhee, loved her in Much Ado About Nothing, and she's a great Trelawney.

Faith

Guys: Vince Vaughn (for comedies), George Clooney (only for the eye candy), and definitely Russell Crowe (for the macho drama!), oh, yeah - really like Robert Downey, Jr. (good actor, good eye candy!)

Gals: I like Reese Witherspoon, but LOVE Doris Day! Would love to be her and have those great clothes/hairstyles from the day!

I have too many favorites among the males - Firth, of course, but also Anthony Hopkins, James Cagney, and Brendan Coyle. And Russell Crowe. Cary Grant. Gary Cooper. Gregory Peck. Ramon Navarro (he was CUTE in Ben Hur - the 1925 version!)

Females - Myrna Loy. Oh, and Maureen O'Hara, Emma Thompson. Lillian Gish. Sometimes Julia Roberts.

(If I was told at gunpoint to pick ONE of each gender I'd have to go with Loy and Hopkins.) Golly - almost forgot Derek Jacobi! He and Hopkins will have to have to arm wrestle to gain first place in my affections!!!!

Edited by JFSinIL

My all time favorite actress is hands down Vivien Leigh. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be Scarlett O'Hara. I think she was a brilliant actress.

One of my favorite actors is honestly, James Marsters, that played Spike on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That man can speak volumes with just his eyes. It is so impressive and I could watch him forever. I am trained as an actor and I know how hard it can be to portray those subtleties so I have tremendous respect for anyone that can do it well.

I love Spike! I agree, he can communicate volumes without ever even opening his mouth.

Guest sarah16

New here, but I'll just jump right in...

Alexander Skarsgard is such a talented (and beautiful) actor. Love him. And I can't think of a favorite actress right now, because my brain automatically goes right back to Alexander Skarsgard. :tongue_smilie:

Viggo Mortensen, Denzel Washington, John Heard, and sorry Mel Gibson is no longer considered honorable, but he is a gifted actor.

Kate Winslett, Judy Dench, the gal who played the blonde doctor on LOST.

I like many that have been mentioned and I'm sure I'm forgetting other favorites.