Menu

Can you post a link to your blog?

kristinannie

I am wanting to start a blog for our homeschooling experience. If you don't mind, can you all post your links to your blogs. I would love to find a place where I can make my blog with minimal effort (I don't mind spending a little money to use a preformed blog that I can edit to how I like it). I am definitely not a computer genius. I would like to have one to have a record of what we do throughout the year and also for friends and family (especially the sceptical ones) to see what we are doing as well. It is much easier than keeping a scrapbook! Thanks in advance!

I use blogspot and I make most of my posts using Windows Live Writer. Blogspot is free. Live Writer is a free download. I spend no money on it. I am a technological idiot. I don't do anything fancy with it , but I too, think it's much easier then scrapbooking and all my long distance family can see it anytime they like. I love blogging. My link is in my signature.

Edited by katemary63

I use Squarespace, and I love it. I mean, I love it. It is not free, but after using blogspot, wordpress, and typepad, I think it's worth every cent. You can't see all the great features available by looking at my blog right now; I'm in the process of moving to my own domain name so everything is stripped down. But if you go to the Squarespace site, you can see all the features they have to offer, plus examples of what people have done with their sites. Also, you can try it out for a week for free - without having to give them a credit card number!

My family blog uses Wordpress (on our own domain - I installed it myself), but for the homeschool blog, I went with blogger (blogspot/google's blog). It's so simple, it works easily with Picasa (which I use for photo management), and a lot of people have google accounts, so it makes it easy for people to comment without having to make a new account or something.

While I am a techie myself, I think blogger is incredibly easy to use and great for a non-techie newbie to blogs. It really is very simple. You click a button, type your post, click a button. Bam, it's there. It has various themes to choose from for the look of your blog. And if you use Picasa, it integrates really well with that. I can upload several pictures from within Picasa, then have easy access to them from the insert picture button in blogger.

I use blogspot as well and have found it to be fairly simple. I am not technologically savvy--my hubby can attest to that!! I haven't had any problems with blogspot and it's free.........

My two blogs are in my signature. I love blogging and our families enjoy following the blogs to stay on top of what we're doing.

I have mine on blogspot, it's mostly homeschooling but about family life, too. I like how easy blogspot is to use. I am thinking of moving over to wordpress self-hosted, but the thought of moving everything gives me a headache...I have a test blog on wordpress, so I know what it offers, I like blogger better for some things, and wordpress better for other things.

I use blogger. Link to my blog in my signature. To help keep my blog going and fresh, I assign a different topic to each day of the week:

Monday morning--how our day & week starts

Tuesday time management/organization/planning/book bag/nature studies--I do which ever one I have a good idea for that week.

Wednesday Work in Progress--this is for handwork which keeps me focused

Thursday weekly report--end of our school week so I do the report on that day.

Friday finished object/this moment--handwork finished item or a picture of something special that happened that week from SouleMama's blog

Saturday stitches--for handwork problems, soultions and inspiration

Good luck starting your blog and coming up with ideas on what you want to do with it.:001_smile: