Menu

What is a "homeschool ID?"

We are going to Gatlinburg next weekend, and you can get into the Ripley's aquarium for a reduced rate if your bring your "homeschool ID." Also, WonderWorks in Pigeon Forge at a lower price with the same thing all during the month of February.

Forgive my ignorance, since I just started homeschooling in January, but what is a homeschool ID? It also says I can show attendance records, but I only have one child I'm homeschooling and I don't keep attendance records. I do have the letter from the board that exempts my son from school attendance.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

We are going to Gatlinburg next weekend, and you can get into the Ripley's aquarium for a reduced rate if your bring your "homeschool ID." Also, WonderWorks in Pigeon Forge at a lower price with the same thing all during the month of February.

Forgive my ignorance, since I just started homeschooling in January, but what is a homeschool ID? It also says I can show attendance records, but I only have one child I'm homeschooling and I don't keep attendance records. I do have the letter from the board that exempts my son from school attendance.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

A copy of any interaction with school officials reflecting your homeschooling (notice of intent, registration as a homeschooler, etc)

A membership card from a homeschool group (HSLDA, local homeschool support group, state group)

I've sometimes shown stores my homeschooler shopping card from places like Borders and gotten them to issue me their own version of an educator discount card.

I would take the letter. Or create your own ID. I've seen IDs you can print out online. I think it is kind of silly, but I suppose in this case it would come in handy.

I guess I could, but surely the letter will suffice.

I love, love, love your profile picture, btw. I called my son in here to look at it and he said, "Well, that's right!"