Menu

Question re: paying for Midwest Homeschool Convention

I tried to register online to attend the homeschool convention in Cincinnati this year and it seemed to be requiring me to have a PayPal account in order to pay with my credit card.

I have no desire to get a PayPal account of any kind. Has anyone found another way of registering in advance for this conference that doesn't require using PayPal (even if only to process the credit card transaction).

[i don't need reassurance on how safe PayPal is now or how useful it is. I'm not willing to register with them. I'm just looking for another way to register for the conference.]

I tried contacting the conference organizers last week, but haven't gotten a reply.

I have no problem with Paypal and use it all the time,but...

I don't think you need to get an account to pay with your cc through Paypal. They just handle the transaction. I could be wrong, of course. :001_smile:

I put the registration for the event into my cart, put in my personal info (address, contact info) and click on continue. Then the site takes me to the PayPal site to register for a PayPal account, which will then be used to process my credit card. If it were just a matter of putting in my credit info and clicking process I'd be ok. I'm just not eager to register for the PayPal account. And without registering with PayPal, I don't seem to be able to go any farther in the process.

I'm sure that someone at the convention figured that it was thriftier to use PayPal than another secure transaction organization. I just wish there were another option.

I sent the convention another email requesting help. Maybe I'll get an answer this week. I really hate to wait and pay at the door since it will be almost twice the price.

I put the registration for the event into my cart, put in my personal info (address, contact info) and click on continue. Then the site takes me to the PayPal site to register for a PayPal account, which will then be used to process my credit card. If it were just a matter of putting in my credit info and clicking process I'd be ok. I'm just not eager to register for the PayPal account. And without registering with PayPal, I don't seem to be able to go any farther in the process.

I'm sure that someone at the convention figured that it was thriftier to use PayPal than another secure transaction organization. I just wish there were another option.

I sent the convention another email requesting help. Maybe I'll get an answer this week. I really hate to wait and pay at the door since it will be almost twice the price.

That's odd. I've been to sites before that use Paypal to process payments, but you didn't have to set up an account; you could choose. Maybe they can change the way it's set up if you ask them. I sent them an email question a few weeks ago, and it took a bit (a week?,) but they did get back to me.

That's odd. I've been to sites before that use Paypal to process payments, but you didn't have to set up an account; you could choose. Maybe they can change the way it's set up if you ask them. I sent them an email question a few weeks ago, and it took a bit (a week?,) but they did get back to me.

I was getting frustrated at not hearing back, but maybe they are just overwhelmed with questions.

And the packers are coming tomorrow with our boxes and furnture from Japan, so it's not like I'm going to do anything about it this week anyway.:tongue_smilie:

If you are talking about the first step after you head to check out , that register for account is NOT with paypal. That account registry is with the conference itself and is more about email confirmation for registration and updates.

I don't think you don't have to create a paypal account to process the credit card. But it asks for a password for the specific transaction, right?

-crystal

Edited by cbollin