Menu

Best place to buy Singapore Math?

littlebug42

I can't seem to figure out what I need for each level. The books all look different on different sites. Some have guides that give additional ideas. ???

There are two main "versions" available-US edition and Standards (aligned to CA state standards), which is why you may be seeing two different covers. You can see more information about this here. Basically you need the textbook and workbook to complete the work. The home instructors guide will help you to teach the concepts introduced in the textbook. There is also a Teacher's Guide, but this is geared toward school use and is generally much more expensive. There are also several supplements, Extra Practice (exactly what the title says), Intensive Practice (this takes the concepts taught in the text to a whole new level) and several others that escape my mind right now. Hope that helps :)!

There are two main "versions" available-US edition and Standards (aligned to CA state standards), which is why you may be seeing two different covers. You can see more information about this here. Basically you need the textbook and workbook to complete the work. The home instructors guide will help you to teach the concepts introduced in the textbook. There is also a Teacher's Guide, but this is geared toward school use and is generally much more expensive. There are also several supplements, Extra Practice (exactly what the title says), Intensive Practice (this takes the concepts taught in the text to a whole new level) and several others that escape my mind right now. Hope that helps :)!

Thanks. That does help. :)

I usually get mine from Rainbow Resources. Buying the textbooks, workbooks, IGs and tests comes roughly to $130. An additional $20 gains free shipping. They have both versions plus most of the manipulatives you may need. If you're buying only a couple things and won't get free shipping, it may not be the best route.

I've also ordered from CBD. The Singapore Math website has great prices but the shipping often makes them more than other places. HTH.