Menu

Anyone use this physics kit from Home Training Tools?

kalanamak

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/physics-introduction-kit/p/KT-PHYSICS/

Thumbs up or thumbs down? Would it be at all worthwhile for a wiggly but sciencey 3rd grader and his staid and very sciencey mother (a mother who doesn't really like large, cluttered and plasticy science kits)?

(I want RSO to hurry up and come out with physics level I in 30 days or less!!)

Yes, I used it with an advanced 7th grader. It's a good kit with one MAJOR exception: it is not the least bit secular. I actually ended up retyping the instructions to get the religion out.

AcK: they usually put in "has some evolutionary language" or "science from a Christian viewpoint".

How, oh how, do tell, can you Christianize coefficient of friction?

How, oh how, do tell, can you Christianize coefficient of friction?

By saying that the physical laws that are being demonstrated by the activities in the kit are not God's laws, in that God can do anything. Or something like that.

I did not purchase this kit but I did buy the pulleys and spring scales that come with the kit. I also used a toy car and wooden ramps from home. I used these items to teach simple machines at coop to kids from 2nd -5th grade. They loved it! So there are certainly activities you can use this kit for that an elementary student can appreciate. I don't know what the instructions include or how much you are paying for the instructions. Many if not all of the components are available separately. Brownie