Menu

Building Thinking Skills

Love2teach0307

Just got Building Thinking Skills - Level 1 in the mail since I didn't like what we were using for critical thinking. Browsing through it, I see it spends lots of time in the beginning doing spatial/math/geometry puzzles and the latter part more verbal. If you've used this book before, how did you go through it? Chapter by chapter? Or did you skip around?

There are two options for working through these books. There should be a "map page" in the beginning to show these options. Option 1 is to work from front to back. Option 2 is to work one chapter from the front half, then the first chapter from the 2nd half, then back to the second chapter in the first half, then the second in the 2nd half.

We dd10 is doing Level II, and we flip flop between sections.

I have done this program with my sons for years. My oldest, who is very bright, completed all three levels. Just to tell you, you can start this program anywhere. It does not matter at all. If you notice at the beginning of each chapter it tells you verbal equivalent to figural and visa versa. You can skip around. I just went straight through from start to finish. You can easily do ten pages in less than an hour.

Also, to let you know, the level repeat themselves. So, you don't have to start with level one if your child is in 4th or 5th grade. You can do level 2. It always starts with figural and then verbal. It is a great program that helps your child to use his/her thinking skills.

Blessings in your homeschooling journey!

Sincerely,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

Thanks for the feedback! I saw the flow chart in front of the chapters, but still didn't see the connection for a practical way to go through the book. I think we'll flip flop sections too. We do logic for only 10 -15 minutes twice a week, and my dd goes pretty fast through the pages. She thinks it just all fun. I also use a sheet protector and dry erase marker to help her doodle as she things without marking up the book to reuse later. We can also go back and redo a page that she struggled with the first time to reinforce the concept. Thanks again for the input.