Menu

what is all of the hype on nutella??

I am trying to figure out what all the hype it on Nutella? We have never had it, but having the HUGE sweet tooth that I have, I can't figure out if this product is just yet one more way to add chocloate to my diet, or if this is really a healthier way to enjoy chocolate? can someone please enlighten me on this??

Kathy

I am trying to figure out what all the hype it on Nutella? We have never had it, but having the HUGE sweet tooth that I have, I can't figure out if this product is just yet one more way to add chocloate to my diet, or if this is really a healthier way to enjoy chocolate? can someone please enlighten me on this??

Kathy

Do yourself a favor and don't ever have it. Just say no. Why start on the expensive, hip expanding habit that the rest of us are trying to break. Don't do it. Don't look for it in the store. By all means do not give it to your kids. Then they will be your mom to buy the Costco double pack. And you'll have it in the house. Calling to you.

Nutella has lower fat and sodium than an equivalent amount of peanut butter, but higher sugar - even when you're talking about the sweetened brands. As far as I can tell from reading nutritional labels, even PB&J is going to be slightly lower sugar (assuming accurate portion sizes).

But Nutella is VERY yummy!

We're a yes for Nutella here, but I had to stop buying it because I couldn't stop eating it. DH kept finding me in the kitchen digging into it with a spoon. It was bad for our marriage and bad for my thighs. I want to cry a little when I pass it in Costco though :( It's heavenly.

I one of those that don't buy it because I can't handle having it around! My mouth waters thinking of a spoonful. Thankfully theres none in the house.

:lol: Seriously! I was reading this thread and another one about Nutella, and I started to wonder if we'd be able to get to Costco today!

:lol: Seriously! I was reading this thread and another one about Nutella, and I started to wonder if we'd be able to get to Costco today!

It's scary, I tell you! They should have a warning on the label.

Warning: this food is highly addictive, may cause excessive weight gain and serious cravings. Dangerous to keep in the house. Taste at your own risk.

I was wondering the same thing-I've been hearing so much about it, but before this thread, I didn't really know what it was.

I looked it up on the internet just now.

There is a sweepstake, in case anyone's interested:http://www.nutellausa.com/giveaway.htm

I did a search with the store locater...there isn't a store that sells it withing 120 miles. I guess I won't be trying it....:sad:

I once read that Nutella is very high in Vitamin E. Yeah. So are potato chips. Doenst make it good for you :)

Is it new in America? Its been around here for many years and I guess the novelty has worn off. I just know it as one of those foods that are best off never entering the house.

I tried it because of all the people on this board who love it.

Everyone in the house hated it and we ended up throwing it away.

Yuck! Give me peanut butter any day. :)

I dislike Nutella. It's just as fattening as actual chocolate that tastes good. :leaving:

:iagree:

I have a basically full jar that I need to throw away. I tried it, it's so gross. Not good on a spoon and even worse on bread. Someone at my MOPS group was gifted with a case of it and hated it so much that she brought in the whole case to give away to people there.

One of my kids' favorite treats is Nutella "s'mores". Take 2 graham crackers and spread Nutella on one and marshmallow cream on the other. Put them together and you've got a s'more.

I prefer it on thick toast that you broil in the toaster oven. It's as close as I can come to some yummy chocolate toast that I got in Taiwan!

Edited by mandymom