Menu

Crazy Opportunity for my DD25

This is so funny! My dd25 lives in Chicago. A long time ago she sent in a form she found in the paper for a casting agency: height, weight, age, and pictures. Then she forgot all about it.

So, the other day, she gets a call and they say they want her to be a body double for an actress on a TV show. She went downtown, got dressed up in the actress's clothes (the actual clothes sent all the way from LA) and sat in a horse drawn carriage looking, "cold" (which she was), cuddled up to a man (another body double).

Crazy thing is, they needed her again another night too but she already had plans to be out of town for the weekend so she told them no. They called her right back and said, "We showed the footage from the first shoot to Warner Brother's and they want YOU. We'll double your pay and pay any transportation!!! Of course, she made arrangements and did the shoot!

So it turns out, she is the body double for Molly in the Mike and Molly show. Her episode will air on Feb 14th and anytime you see Molly in the carriage from a distance, it's my DD! (The show is filmed in LA, but set in Chicago. The real Mike & Molly didn't even come. Her carriage scenes are filmed indoors in front of a green screen.)

They wanted the second shoot because of the new snow that fell in the city during the blizzard the other day. They thought it would look so much better then the first time when the roads were totally clear.

And here's the kicker! She got $250 for the first shoot (2 1/2 hours) and $500 for the second shoot!!! (also 2 1/2 hours) Now how much random fun is that!!! :D

Here she is during the first shoot!!! I don't have a picture of the second one yet, it was just tonight!

167822_10150091599974571_509594570_5921541_8096340_n.jpg

Edited by katemary63

Awesome possum! She looks adorable under her little plaid blanket.

Will she be doing it again, do you think?

I really don't know. I told her, "Hey, maybe you'll be the "regular" body double for Molly. But we have no idea! The show is set in Chicago and the actors rarely fly out so it isn't unreasonable to think they might have more situations where they could use her!

That is so cool!!!!

My Dh is a cop/detective extra on "Chicago Code" that will be airing Monday night on FOX. He isn't in the first episode as his part was edited out. He did parts in almost all the episodes and from what he is hearing he will be called in as an extra (and maybe speaking lines) for the next season.

He has been doing this for fun and he has a blast. He jokes that he got to drip sweat on Jennifer Beals (sp?) LOL.

That is so cool!!!!

My Dh is a cop/detective extra on "Chicago Code" that will be airing Monday night on FOX. He isn't in the first episode as his part was edited out. He did parts in almost all the episodes and from what he is hearing he will be called in as an extra (and maybe speaking lines) for the next season.

He has been doing this for fun and he has a blast. He jokes that he got to drip sweat on Jennifer Beals (sp?) LOL.

How neat! The male double that My DD worked with is actually a chicago cop himself, just doing this on the side for fun.

That is so cool!!!!

Neato!

I'll have to watch b/c I like cop shows.