Menu

after Shurley 2: FLL3 or FLL4?

greenmamato3

when my son finishes Shurley 2 & WWE 2, is it more logical to move to FLL3 or FLL4? at first glance, it seems the FLL3 is going to be a LOT of review from Shurley 2 and just a few different approaches to the same info. for that reason, i wondered whether i should skip and go to FLL4. we did FLL1/2 for first grade, before Shurley 2, which has been second grade.

{fwiw, we're working through our own poetry memorization from the poetry compilation put out by IEW all the time so the poetry memorization in the FLL will simply be icing on the cake .... }

this is all for "3rd grade"

It has been ages since I looked at FLL3 (and then only briefly), but I don't think Shurley 2 takes you even close to skipping it, sorry. You haven't done any diagramming in Shurley. We add it on, and we discuss the grammar in our writing (more advanced) too. So you would go into FLL3. But do you know many people skip levels with Shurley? So if you like it and are just put out by the repetition, you could go 2,4,6, 7 (what we did). The author herself recommends it, and it has been great for us.

that's precisely why i was asking :) to find out whether it would be too far of a jump. and, yes, i've heard through the grapevine about skipping through the levels of shurley. i like it enough .... and after we finish FLL3, maybe i'll feel a need to take a break and go back to shurley at htat point. i have my eye on CW longterm, though.

can't think that far ;)