Menu

Does anyone do the very last lesson in a book?

I think it is because it always seems like the 'afterthought' topics. The ones that don't really fit in to what you are learning, just the random tidbits left over. You also know that they aren't building up to anything else.

It is like doing the dishes after a dinner. Cooking the dinner is fine, but the chore to clean up....not so fun.

Only in MUS. Dd12 has always loved her MUS books and doesn't skip a page. With everything else we've used, I skip all lessons that wouldn't benefit my children in some way. Redundant work is always skipped, so we usually end up skipping lots of lessons at the beginning of math and grammar books.

My DD is working on her very last lesson in her math book right now and I was just having the same thoughts. Math is her favorite subject, and yet getting her to finish this one last lesson is like pulling teeth!! :glare:

This is us today too. So I said, "Forget the last lesson. Here's you're new book." And he did 2 lessons in the new book. :lol:

My kids always love doing the last page. It is a big deal - worth a special treat :). They decorate the page etc. and we make a lot of fuss ( smiles, hugs etc).

We do a run to Wendy's for a small Frosty -- two kids finished books this week so we're doubling up. Great idea about decorating the page, and alot less expensive!