Menu

20+ inches of snow wasn't enough - more snow in OK

We haven't dug out from the first snow. It's coming down hard right now - supposedly only looking for a couple of new inches.:001_huh:

Schools and universities are shut down because they cannot get the snow cleared from the parking areas and walkways. Snow at one nearby school is up to the roof:

(this fella posted the news video)

Our state doesn't have the resources (snowblowers, plows) or the experience to deal with this type of storm. And it looks like we'll have one day in the next week that gets above freezing. Looks like we're going to get a lot of school done in the next week :D

Even my kids are saying they are tired of the white outside. It is still coming down pretty good. We shoveled the driveway for a second time this week just an hour ago to get the car in the garage, and now the driveway is completely covered. My dh is enjoying how much it reminds him of home (he's from upstate NY), but he really isn't enjoying having to use his vacation time because his work has been closed.

We had 11 inches and have had another 1 1/2 so far today of sleet and snow. Getting lots of school work finished since it is too cold to go out. With more predicted for Sun. and Wed. we may never dig out! At least there isn't ice. I know we all rememeber what that storm was like! LOL Ya'll stay safe!

Still coming down. We got a foot on Monday/Tuesday and have gotten another 3 inches today, so far. And we have chances of even MORE all next week. I am SO tired of it. The worst part is that DD is going to have to make up most of these days at the end of the term, which isn't till June to begin with. *sigh*

Oh my goodness!!! We weren't even supposed to get any snow from this storm! It was supposed to stay south of us, but I came out of the grocery store and guess what? It's snowing!!! I've also heard there are 2 more fronts lining up to come through! UGH!!! Snow is pretty & fun to watch, but I'm ready for spring!!!

We are definitely getting a lot of school done. :lol: I love the snow,too.

I do hope the state is learning how to handle this better. It is a lot better than the ice storm for sure, but I still can't give a passing grade. We have snow chains so we have been able to be out and about. The roads are terrible and cars are wrecked everywhere.

I was stranded at work for over two days. In that time I had two short naps and I and a co-worker traded working/attempting to sleep. I have never been so happy to get home and get to bed! I slept 9 hours straight and awoke feeling like a bear from a long hibernation.

Hoping tomorrow I get to build a snowperson!