Menu

Do you have internet on your phone plan

What do you have on your phone plan  

1. 1. What do you have on your phone plan

• Talk only
    • Talk and texting
    • Talk, text, internet
    • Fancy phone (iphone, droid, EVO) and it does it all!

I said talk and texting because that is all I use, but my phone can go on the internet. I don't have a data package, so I would have to pay by the minute if I used it. I don't know how much it is.

Dh ordered me a new phone last year with a data/internet package, but I didn't want it and sent it back. LOL

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

I just got my new phone for Christmas. It takes pictues, texts and gets on the internet. It is a pre paid from Virgin Mobile, $25.00 a month. I get 300 talk minutes and unlimited text and web. I love it. But my phone before that only made calls, was pre paid and only $10.00 a month.

I have an iPhone that does it all. I use the internet frequently, DH and I text back and forth all the time when he's at work, etc. They're great for entertaining small kids when you're in a situation where they can't run around and play (like waiting in a restaurant, my kids will watch YouTube videos or play Angry Birds, LOL).

I have the G2. I don't talk on my cell phone much and don't send many texts, but I love the Internet feature.

I was able to download an app that makes my phone serve as a wireless internet connection. This was the reason I opted for this type of phone. Now while I'm waiting for my son at his guitar lesson I can hook my phone into my laptop and have internet access. I also do this when my kids are in their co-op classes and I have some free time. I LOVE it! :)

I have a palm pre and it can do it all and I use it for everything. I used to think I'd never want texting or internet capabilities, but have since changed my mind. I love being able to text my dh when he's in port if I need him to pick something up, because I can't call him on the ship(Well I could, but would only in an emergency, since I don't want to abuse the privilege) I also find the internet great to have if we're out and about and I'm not quite sure if a certain store or restaurant I'm interested in is somewhere in the area. I also like that I can see my email if I'm waiting for the kids at gymnastics etc.

I have the talk and text plan. I really dislike texting, though, and only use it occasionally -- once a week would be a lot. I use it when I need to reach DH for something but am not sure if he's in a meeting or not. A text says, "hey, if you have a minute call me, but if you can't, I'll be okay." (In a true emergency, I'd call him, no problem, meeting or not.) We only have the talk and text plan because we share a family plan with other family members, and they wanted the texting plan. (DH does use it to take and send pics to me sometimes, and that adds up fast without the plan.) But no internet plan; we have enough of that at home. :)

I resisted getting a 'fancy' phone for a few years. My old phone was very basic except for the push to talk we used for business. Dh got me the Evo for Christmas after I complained about my Blackberry Curve being too annoying to use. I love the Evo! We travel a lot, and our last trip I used the GPS to get us where we had to go, find restaurants and stops on the way, find things to do in various locations, read when bored, take pictures, listen to musice, and I even made a call or two...:D I was never into texting, but I have found it a good way to keep in touch with my best friend. We've been texting every other night for about 10 minutes before bed. It's also good for reminders to dh.

We have iPhone and love it. I love that while planning what we are doing tonight with friends, we could each drop little notes when we had a chance. If it were something that required a conversation a phone call would have been great. But since we do something together just about every Friday, simple is great. I also love being able to drop quick texts to my husband if he ran to the store and say "Could you grab bread too?".

So, we call, camera, text, game and internet. :) *We* love it. It's great to us.

Dh and I have talk and unlimited texting..but we're also young. :) I really do like the ease of texting.

I had internet on my phone for a short time when we didn't have internet at home, so that I could check my email more often. The phone internet went away when we got real internet.

We only pay for talk and text. My phone is touch screen and has Internet ability but I we don't have a data plan so it would cost me by the minute to use it.

I just got a new touch screen phone,but am still undecided about wether I like it or not. The screen is really sensitive. We are doing away with our land line later this month. Cable Internet is better then the DSL and with four cell phones in the house we just don't see a reason to continue paying for a land line.

I refuse to pay for people to text me when they could just as easily call. If you don't want to talk to me don't text me. Same thing with internet. I am not going to double up on a service. Really there is nothing on the internet I can't wait to check out when I get home.

But then I am a totally cell phone scrouge and will be canceling ours tomorrow. :) Seriously, I left the house with the phone in it, I don't want to talk to you! ;)

I *thought* I just had a phone, but discovered 6 months ago that I could text :lol:.

Dh and I have pay-as-you-go Tracfones. We carefully considered getting smart phones a while ago, but couldn't justify the expense. We each have iPod Touches that give us internet access at wi-fi hot spots and that's plenty for us.

Guest momk2000

I have no need or interest in texting or interenet capabilities through my cell. I initially used my cell only for emergencies. I am now using it more as my primary phone, but to me that is just what it is, a phone. :001_smile:

Do you have Sprint? The Lotus in no longer available.

Dawn

I never wanted a texting phone, but I've been wishing for a texting phone for the past year. We are all getting new phones in June. We'll add a data plan at that time and I'm definitely getting a phone that's set up for texting. Working through my number keypad to text takes forever.

I think I'm going to get a Lotus.

Do you have Sprint? The Lotus in no longer available.

Dawn

I have Sprint, when I killed my old Blackberry (dropped it for the thousandth time) a couple months ago, I got the new Blackberry flip phone ("Style").

I love it, I like the flip part and it has a great (5mp) camera.

My phone is capable of accessing the internet, but we do not pay a monthly fee for any sort of data package, so if we do go online with our phones we have to pay by the...megabyte? Something like that.

Anyway, my phone is ancient. The screen is all of 1.5 x 2.0 inches. I have absolutely no desire to attempt navigating the web on that device! And I enjoy being away from the computer when I leave the house. The last thing I need is FB following me everywhere that I go! LOL :001_smile:

I had 3 different Windows smart phones with full QWERTY keyboards over about the last 7-8 years, then a few months ago switched to an Android OS phone. Since I rely so much on texting and emails instead of voice calls because of my hearing loss, I really prefer having internet access on the go.

I don't know if I could ever go back to "just a phone". :tongue_smilie:

I have a basic smartphone with a certain number of texts and MB of data per month. Not sure exactly how much, but it's sufficient for what I use. I use the internet feature when I'm out & about mostly to check email & Facebook. I do the Verizon Navigator :001_wub: app though!

DH has an iPhone and while it's handy sometimes, I don't know that I would actually use it enough to pay the significant price premium over the basic smartphone.

I have a 5 year old, basic vanilla, can only-talk-on-it phone. And I can't use the voice mail feature (no one knows how the voicemail got set up or who set the password, so I can't access voicemail. And I don't care enough to figure it out. :D) The battery is going, so I have to recharge it about 2 times a week, even though I never use it. It is an "emergency only" phone. And I am fine with that. I despise talking on cell phones.