Menu

Leap Frog DVD's

Mom28kds

Letter Factory is the first in the series, and our favorite.

Some of the reading ones (Word Factory, Code Word Caper, and especially StoryBook Factory) feel like they might be trying to accomplish too much without enough time. But, they're good, too, and you might like them just as much. They might be in your public library if you want to preview before purchasing.

Letter Factory teaches the letters and their sounds. Word Factory teaches blending with simple CVC words. Code Capers teaches long vowels and quiet E's. Storybook Factory works on reading smoothly, but didn't really teach my kids much. They still thoroughly enjoyed it. I would work on them in that order as your child is ready for the new skills.

We own all of them except the back to school one. my dc love them all even my 7.5 year old still watches them. Letter Factory taught my kids the most, and Storybook Factory is my least favorite. We just bought two brand new ones at Costco, The Amazing Alphabet Amusement Park, and Numbers Ahoy. They are both more basic like the Letter Factory and my kids keep asking to watch them. If you have a Costco Membership check there because when they have them they are 6.99 each.

We have all of them because my kids love them. I would have to say the least watched is the Storybook one and Code Capers (I think these will be watched more when the 4yo is ready for them).

My 4yo likes the Math Missions to the Moon, Numbers Ahoy, and Word Factory.

My 2yo likes the Math Circus, Letter Factory, Alphabet Amusement Park, and the Lets Go To School.

My 6yo will watch any of them even though she is reading and doing math at a level way higher than the videos.

My least favorite is Lets Go To School and Storybook. The story drives me nuts in Storybook, and the Calendar Song in Lets Go To School grates! They all have their value though, and if you find them at costco, the price is worth it!

Letter Factory!!! After just one viewing of that, she was spelling words all night long. POP! MOM! CAT! It was such a memorable night. Before that, she hardly even knew her letters, lol.

We got the whole set, but the Letter Factory was the DVD that made extreme impact.

I'm loving the sound of this. Thanks everyone. I'm going to head out tonight to get "Letter Facory". I have a 4, 5, & 6 yr old. 6 year old is in PS (going to HS next year) and i'm not liking the way they are teaching him to read. Alot of sight words. I'll get a head start on my little ones now :thumbup:

Just a word of warning though...

Don't be surprised if you find yourself singing the song. It kind of sticks in your head! :001_smile:

My 4 year old got several of the movies a few years ago, and The Letter Factory was by far his favorite. He's known his letters and their primary sounds for a couple of years now, but he STILL loves to watch it!

When my middle child was 2, she started learning letter sounds just from watching Letter Factory with her big sis. It was pretty funny to see this 2 year old walking around saying phonics sounds for every letter she saw when she didn't even know all the letter names yet!!!

I don't own the other ones, but Letter Factory is 5 stars at our house!

Letter Factory teaches the letters and their sounds. Word Factory teaches blending with simple CVC words. Code Capers teaches long vowels and quiet E's. Storybook Factory works on reading smoothly, but didn't really teach my kids much. They still thoroughly enjoyed it. I would work on them in that order as your child is ready for the new skills.

:iagree:

I own the first three: Letter Factory, the Talking Words Factory, and the Code Word Capers. They produced such great results that I tell all parents of young kids considering homeschooling that they HAVE to buy them!

I borrowed the Storybook one from the library and didn't like it. Glad I didn't buy it!