Menu

Should my 17yo junior do the mock ACT even if

she's going to go to a community college before transferring to a four-year university? She's an average student academically, and scores pretty much in the middle range on standardized tests. She took the PLAN her sophomore year and the PSAT last last year. Both of these had scores squarely in the middle range, around 50th percentile. Colleges around here usually want the ACT rather than the SAT. I'm pretty sure all of the CC have their own placement tests coming in and do not require the ACT or SAT.

I am just trying to figure out if she should spend time working on improving her scores on standardized testing, or just forget about it. Dd's strengths are in the fine arts (especially portrait drawing) and working with children. Although she is a remediated dyslexic and borderline dysgraphic, she tends to score a little higher than average on standardized tests of language skills, a little lower than average on standardized tests of math and science.